Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    You probably don't need to worry about those Ams being alert, all the silvers I have had were just shy of wild jungle birds. As in, "Look, its the person who has fed us every day since we left the egg. She's here to kill us all!"

You definately don't need to worry about the heat here, and my guest room does not face the chicken pens :) - although you would have to go quite a ways to get away from crowing sounds.

2. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    My goal for the day is just to annoy y'all with babble. Before I forget it, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads. [​IMG]

I was offered a free two week class at the online photography school where I took the first two classes. This is a class for budding professional food photographers so I am in over my head. This week's assignment was very complex with lots of steps. One had us shooting directly overhead moving the light to three different positions. My tripod is not tall enough nor does it have enough reach to do that with the food on a table so I had to use the floor. That is what the instructors did in the video anyway. well, my poor old body doesn't work well in the floor so I really copped out and too three quick lousy shots and called it a day. Michael helped me position and move the food. We had four different assignments using the same food. I knew it would take me all day, so I used a jarred grilling sauce I had made the day before. I knew it wouldn't wilt. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What did it take to get the pic?

[​IMG]

Here are the shots I submitted for naturally lit and artificially lit subjects.

Natural light.
    [​IMG]

Speedlight strobe with a diffuser.

[​IMG]

New Speedlight diffuser.

[​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Babble on, Mary! Your posts are always so interesting.

I can see why you are over the moon! What a coup! (Hehehehehehehe... I get to use that word for its intended purpose. Don't mind me...I, too, am good at babbling in text.)

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Mary - love the natural light picture. Wow, that's a lot of equipment!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

Kathy doesn't want to stay at my house. I don't have a guest room until the kids grow up and move away. I could double up the kids in one room though.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  5. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I had something else in my multi quote, but it disappeared and I don't remember what it was.

Kathy, my spare bedroom is where the dogs lounge when I want them out of my hair...............four big dogs. And Emma the Great Dane uses the queen size bed as her personal dog bed. You probably don't want to stay in there. But I do have a two bedroom apartment over the garage. It has a lovely deck, that we even go up and sit on it at times. The downside...............the back window overlooks the 35 coops and several hundred chickens. The good news, I got rid of another 21 roosters today and if I get my act together, one more is headed for a nap in the refrigerator this afternoon along with a few quail. Although the quail are planned to move directly to the dutch oven.

Okay, I need to head outside to play chicken bingo with the two freshly emptied pens.

6. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    35 coops? 35? Thirty five? Three five?

7. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    [​IMG]

8. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    What??????

In chicken math 3+5=8 8/2=4, you can't count boys and chicks...................I have like four birds............

And I didn't get my act together, the cockerel is waiting until tomorrow, but I do have three quail in the frying pan as I type.

9. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I finally had to download google chrome to be able to post a picture.

This is the cockerel I'm raising to take over my Icelandic flock. Not the best pictures of him, but I didn't get out there until after I had already lost the light.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just LOVE him.

And Other Mary, here are a couple of quick pictures of the Exchequer Leghorn chicks. You can see why your chicks reminded me of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Nice Deb! Love the Icelandic boy and the leghorns are eye candy for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by