Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Double checked recipe, those measurements are what I use. The horseradish says its optional, the cayenne says 1/2 tsp or to taste, so feel free to add more.

2. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I love spicy! Sounds good to me.

3. cbnovick

cbnovick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Quote: Quote: That bbq chicken looks scrumdee-lumptious!!! Well done on the cut and grill job too!!
    Love the sounds of that bama bbq sauce too...serious YUM [​IMG] Almost like homemade tartar sauce (without the lemon and dill relish).

I am 'bracing' myself and my critters for our upcoming HEAT wave this Fri/Sat/Sun....115 and low of 88-90 expected...WOWZA. May have to bring my 1 week old Buff Rocks from the garage into the house for a few hours during the wave and setup the brooder in guest bedroom with low watt bulb to offset A/C (Man, is my husband gonna l-o-v-e that--NOT)....I have misters installed and lots of shade on my coop/runs for my older birds...
    after the HEAT wave is over it's back to cooler 105-108 temps and lows of 80. Yup...that's life in AZ until November....

Cindy

4. cbnovick

cbnovick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ

I don't blame you wanting to get going on the 'harvesting' of those meaties....10 weeks will be a nice tender age to eat too...how does the taste compare to the cornish X ?

Sure wished we had a processor around our area in AZ...no one seems to know of any.

Cindy

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    One every eight feet.

[​IMG]

6. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Thanksgiving!

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    In Northern CA it is raining today and the High will be 75. By the weekend the highs will be 104. That will be a big temperature change.

It has been a nice change--I hope it does not hurt the wine grapes.....Napa Valley Wine might be in trouble.

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Or make blow your hair off and grow hair on your back! [​IMG] Sounds spicy!

How many buff rocks did you end up with? Can't wait to see them grow up!

Yeah, I'm thinking peaches and apricots are toast too. My peaches were getting some size on them, and my grapes were looking so good. [​IMG]

9. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    White BBQ sauce, another excuse to eat mayonnaise [​IMG]. Miracle Whip...............not so much. DH is a MW eater, we are a two jar family, LOL I don't mind using the stuff for him, although I have to fix his sandwich second so I don't get that stuff on the knife, [​IMG] If it's a shared dish like tuna salad, he just has to adapt to mayo!

Two of the questions of compatibility.........................

Mayo or Miracle Whip?
    TP, over or under?

He was wrong on both and had to change, LOL

10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Miracle Whip
    TP - Under

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by