Stella's Social Club

Thank you Mike, "other Mary,", and Mutt's Fan - you guys are the best
hugs.gif

I moved my broody last night, but not soon enough. I went out about 5:00 and the other 2 broodies were piled on her eggs and my broody had moved to another nest. I reached under to grab her eggs and I heard cheeping. The fat English Orp crushed one trying to fight the Production Red for the eggs. So I moved the chick and the rest of the eggs and set my broody up in private quarters. She escaped last night, so I put her back on the nest and so far, so good. (and made it escape proof) The crushed chick is still alive (yolk sac end not broken) but it is a few days early. With the heat we had last week, I'm hoping they are a bit ahead of schedule.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I moved my broody last night, but not soon enough. I went out about 5:00 and the other 2 broodies were piled on her eggs and my broody had moved to another nest. I reached under to grab her eggs and I heard cheeping. The fat English Orp crushed one trying to fight the Production Red for the eggs. So I moved the chick and the rest of the eggs and set my broody up in private quarters. She escaped last night, so I put her back on the nest and so far, so good. (and made it escape proof) The crushed chick is still alive (yolk sac end not broken) but it is a few days early. With the heat we had last week, I'm hoping they are a bit ahead of schedule.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Good luck!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I can't believe I was mean to Diva on her birthday! Sorry Diva! Hope you had a great birthday. You and Ringo.

Kelly the broody madness is off the hook at your house. I would be losing my mind. I am going to post pictures of my little darlin's a bit later today.

Back
Top Bottom