Stella's Social Club

Well, I just bought a four pack of the Nite Guards. I have read differing reviews but it is worth trying. I am more concerned about the ticks they bring on the property. I gotten bitten by a tick last week and took it to the county for testing.
sickbyc.gif
Luckily it was not the kind that causes Lyme disease.

Well, I just bought a four pack of the Nite Guards. I have read differing reviews but it is worth trying. I am more concerned about the ticks they bring on the property. I gotten bitten by a tick last week and took it to the county for testing.
sickbyc.gif
Luckily it was not the kind that causes Lyme disease.

About two years ago I was bitten by a tick and it was the kind that carries lyme. I didn't have the body tested, but my doctor just put me on the preventative course of antibiotics.

I found the tick attached to my shoulder on my back. I can't tell you how fast I woke up DH. I had tweezers in my and said "get it off". I think he also removed a divot of flesh, so I know he got the head, LOL.

Only deer ticks carry Lyme disease. My son recently got bit by a wood tick. Things you learn in the doctors office.

Yes, I had brought the cold, lifeless body of the tick in and my doctor examined it under a magnifying glass. I can tell you, I was lying in bed and kept feeling a tickle on my shoulder. I reached up with my hand to scratch and felt something there. Got up, looked in the mirror and came running back to the bed with tweezers in my hand and turning on every light. "Wake up, wake up, there's a tick on me and you have to get it out NOW!"
sickbyc.gif
Literally, he was over zealous with the tweezers and removed flesh, LOL It was a tiny little thing, not yet too engorged, but it had started to feed.

Yes, 'divots of flesh' that seem to come out with ticks - can hurt worse than the bite. I get overzealous about removing things, and have some interesting scars as a result.

Giant brown yard rats!

I've been doing lots of planting of shrubs, grasses & flowers. The deer have been coming right along behind to chew everything down to the ground. I'm constantly on a quest for "deer resistant" (yeah right!). I tell the nursery staff I don't want resistant, I want them to eat it, choke to death and die.

I recently planted some Mexican Cardinal flowers. The description says "don't water it, or it will become invasive", just what I'm looking for! It's like "crack" to hummingbirds and butterflies, yet another huge selling point. It spreads like lightening and will stay in flower for months on end, yay! The best part "all parts of the plant are toxic". All that means to me is don't throw trimmings into the field with the sheep/alpaca/llama and my chickens don't free range in the front yard anyway. When I planted the first one, the big brown rats did some trimming during the night. So far they haven't touched the second one I put in. I keep hoping to get up in the morning and find the lawn littered with the corpses of Bambi and his family. Those are holes I'd be willing to dig! The neighbor has a tractor and would come help.

Can you tell how I feel about deer?

They are lovely to watch grazing and I frequently stop to watch them...................................in the neighbor's yard!
I hope it doesnt freeze this winter

Back
Top Bottom