Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I am beginning to hate the "service" industry. I was supposed to have carpet installed in my office today. They were picking the carpet up in Sacramento yesterday afternoon and would be here at 9:00 a.m. today to install. If they would be later than that they "would call me" yesterday. No call of course, and no installers today of course. I called them when the store opened at 9 a.m. only to be told "Well they have to go to Sacramento to pick up the carpet. How can you expect them to be there at 9 a.m.?" Are you kidding me? He was the jerk that gave me the information yesterday! He now tells me "it will be a few hours because once they get down to Sac the carpet has to be cut, then there's lunch, yada, yada, yada. This is a 12x12 piece of glue-down short loop commercial carpet that I could have installed myself in an hour if I could breathe while bending over!

There is always an excuse. The customer is always wrong. And their time is way more important than my time. Now I can't run errands or walk away from hearing distance of the doorbell or phone. My furniture has been outside for days and I need to get it moved back inside the house. Well, they messed up big time. We were just about ready to bite the bullet and get all the cheap white carpet replaced in the entire 3,200 sq ft house. Guess who won't be getting that job!

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Empathy from me to you. Been there ever since our March 3 fire. Poor Mary. Professionalism is dead, it seems.
    [​IMG]

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I am home. Tired and a bit sore. We had toilet access on day 2 and day 4. No shower, except rinsing off in the creek. I used some baby wipes to freshen up. It was a fun trip, I'll give details and pics later. We had some amazing views. 56 miles completed in 5 days. I'm proud to say I did not have to dig a cathole. I very much enjoyed my shower.
    I'm a bit late in this, but be careful. Macaw eggs are protected under CITIES laws.

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Thanks Cyn!

Welcome home Kelly!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Happy chooks - any blisters ??

6. BerrytangleFarm

BerrytangleFarm British and Scandinavian Poultry

Hi! [​IMG]

7. BerrytangleFarm

Yes, age is not a friend, is it? [​IMG] At least, not after age 21. It's all downhill from there, it seems.

These literally went straight out of the hatcher into the box, so they're probably a few weeks younger than the others? All should get along well, though. I've had older Icies mother the new additions. So cute.

8. BerrytangleFarm

Amazingly silly to have O N E flight out of Seattle to the rest of the country, but that's what it is. They won't accept any packages that morning either, since everything is staged the night before.

We've dropped the brooder lights to 75 watts since there are 12 brooders in the brooder room. Hard to keep things running with a 20-30 degree temperature swing.

We also use rabbit waterers in brooders, and, yes, the Icies are usually the first to catch on. Smarties!

9. BerrytangleFarm

She's doing well, Hangtown Farms. I replied to your PM.

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Nope. I had a couple of sore spots, but I put moleskin on them before they became blisters. My son got one blister on the side of his big toe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by