Stella's Social Club

So glad they arrived safely, the USPS hasn't been kind to our shipments in the past, so I sent the seventh one in addition to the six you had paid for just in case that happened again. Actually, all of our Icelandics are from Icelander's lines. Some of our flock are second generations from her first import and the others are first generations from her second import. We get an even number of yellows and darks, several blue, but no, none have feathered out pure white as of yet. These should be a good variety of colors.
Hi!! Have not seen you in ages !
Thanks for the clarification Berrytangle. I think I got you confused with someone else who got birds from me. Old age does that, right Kathy? :) I will move the older two in with them in a couple of days so I don't have to band anybody. At my age I get confused easily. One of my project chicks could get mistaken for an Icelandic and I don't want that to happen. I am so excited to see them grow out. Isi can stop trying to hatch his own now! He and Lukka have been inseparable today since her return to the coop last night. He was busy helping her with the baby today. Even with a Lukka clone in the coop he still knows she is not the real deal Lukka!
I have a butt ugly non silked showgirl rooster that is touchingly devoted to his sisters like that. Mario class them his lannister chickens. I don't hatch their eggs but Iggy teaches the young roosters to watch after chicks, bring fodder to broody hens and be gentlemen. He is my favorite boy! Whenever people want true flock protectors rather then breeding roos I give them one of Iggy's boys. I get pictures and stories from a few dozen people about how awesome his adopted sons are!

Last edited:
Define "but ugly" with a pic please.
gig.gif

These two look like they are discussing their trip and the mandatory night in Seattle!

It has been so hot today they haven't needed heat. I just put the large EcoGlow in their brooder and they don't want to stay under it. I'll have to remember to check them later in case they don't catch on that is where the heat is! But they are Icelandic's so they should be smart.

Looks like they are plotting how to get out of the brooder in this pic.

Well Mary, I won a bid for hatching eggs from someone on rarebreedauctions. The seller had ended up with some of my Icelandics because someone else I sold them to didn't like them. I then found out that half of her flock is from the importation done by former BYC member "Icelander." So I thought what the heck, I'll introduce a little new blood into my flock. Then only two hatched so I bought seven day olds. Some will be from the Sigrid line and some from the new line but new blood is new blood. The seller told me she gets a lot of yellows but they don't feather out white like mine did. I am excited to see what I get.

So glad they arrived safely, the USPS hasn't been kind to our shipments in the past, so I sent the seventh one in addition to the six you had paid for just in case that happened again.

Actually, all of our Icelandics are from Icelander's lines. Some of our flock are second generations from her first import and the others are first generations from her second import. We get an even number of yellows and darks, several blue, but no, none have feathered out pure white as of yet.

These should be a good variety of colors.
Icelander has some nice birds. How is she doing? I had been wanting to get her email in regards to importation laws and processes. I have some info lined up but need more

Define "but ugly" with a pic please.  :gig
Iggy

You can't see the gnarly comb or amazingly scaled legs ( he does not have mites. I had the vet checked they scarfed me so)
Here is freakazoid my sizzle showgirl. His wattles hang down to his knees!

Let me see if I can find ugly boy...

UB was a marans boy romancing the wrong hen....

I've probably had 30-40 chicks hatch so far at the Nursery at State Fair. As the chicks dry and fluff they get moved to a brooder display. The public keeps coming to report that a chick is "out". When I go to look, the chick has hopped from the brooder and is sitting on top of the Brinsea Cozy Brooder. The chick is always the Icelandic that was in the bunch.

Iggy

You can't see the gnarly comb or amazingly scaled legs ( he does not have mites. I had the vet checked they scarfed me so)
Here is freakazoid my sizzle showgirl. His wattles hang down to his knees!

Let me see if I can find ugly boy...

UB was a marans boy romancing the wrong hen....
Oh my.
hmm.png

I've probably had 30-40 chicks hatch so far at the Nursery at State Fair. As the chicks dry and fluff they get moved to a brooder display. The public keeps coming to report that a chick is "out". When I go to look, the chick has hopped from the brooder and is sitting on top of the Brinsea Cozy Brooder. The chick is always the Icelandic that was in the bunch.
Now that's funny.

lol they are like that for sure

um well hmmm. double posted I think
frow.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom