Stella's Social Club

I don't have Tucker anymore.
hit.gif

He is Michael's dog now.
hmm.png

They have similar interests.
hide.gif

goodpost.gif
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... Tucker looks so content.

Linda, your situation is not what I am referring to. I have crossbred them myself in that Isi has been housed with non-Icelandic hens. But I don't hatch the eggs and I don't mate Icelandics with other breeds for the purpose of creating crossbreeds. Not everyone that has Icelandics can keep them separate. But mating them with other breeds, disclosing it publicly and offering those crossbred birds for sale on your website is a whole different story. The more this happens, the muddier the waters will become as to what a pure Icelandic really is. Lord knows it is hard enough to tell as it is. Anyway I didn't mean to imply that anyone who has other chickens mixed with Icelandics is doing anything wrong. Should be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of deal as far as I am concerned.

Broody season is here. My olive egger hen was on the nest tonight. Just in time for her to hatch the eggs in my bator! I'll wait to make sure she is serious first.

Happy Chooks you said the magic word "Banana bread", okay two words. I love it - do you put nuts in yours? My mom always used pecans. I use walnuts - they are cheaper.

I had a great find last month in the grocery store, the Betty Crocker, pumpkin bread mix kit. It was marked down to $ 1.75 and made 3 loaves. I started out with the best of intentions (as usual) but, I made it on a Friday and only get to see my friends during the week. I knew the loaves would spoil quickly, so I scarfed down all three of them. I never had pumpkin bread before and it was delicious but not as sweet as Banana bread. Also I spread the remnants of my jar of pumpkin butter (from Trader Joes) on them to sweeten it up. OOOH heaven until I- thought my thighs were gonna explode.

PS stella's club should branch out to "Over Eater Enabler's thread" - so much food on here, pictures of, videos of and talk of, I gain pounds just sitting at the computer taking all of it in. Belch (forgive me)

I have the intestinal flu so bad right now, the thought of eating makes me want to throw up.

if this is "The FLU"... PRAY you don't get it.

My nieces husband and daughter (they're staying with us-- came down for my nephew's funeral)... they both have whatever I have. We've been playing bathroom roulette.

I sent my purebred wheaten Ameraucanas away today to live on a farm and the end of the story is so bad I can't even post about it. Needless to say, they are no longer alive. And they were laying VERY blue eggs and the roo was GORGEOUS.

OH WELL... I just pray I don't vomit anymore.

Back
Top Bottom