Stella's Social Club

My house is temporarily clean. I have 9 kids (9 and 10 year olds) over for my son's birthday party for a sleepover. I'll probably be posting all night tonight, as I try to keep things under control here. Pizza is in the oven now. Then ice cream sundaes per my son's request. Then movies to keep them occupied.

Last edited:
This is where I got the recipe.

One can (12 oz) Sprite or any clear soda pop
One regular size cake mix
2 pks of berries (total of 24 oz)
Quote:
Two 12-oz bags frozen mixed berries/peaches​

1 box white cake mix
Approximately 1 can of diet 7-up or other clear soda
(might need more than 1 can of soda to avoid dry spots)

Instructions
Place frozen fruit in a 9x13 baking dish. Add dry cake mix over the top. Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir the cake mix and the soda - this will give you a 'crust'. If you stir the two, you will have a cake like topping.

Bake 350 for 45-50 min or longer until berries are cooked.

I love cobbler, and I really really love "simple, quick, easy."
I do not like to spend hours in the kitchen. Nope. Those days are gone.

I had some frozen fruit and I always keep a few organic cake mixes in the freezer, too. I came across this recipe and just had to try it! Only 3 ingredients..... berries, cake mix, and a can of Sprite!

(not my picture)

I just ate some. YUMMY ! ! !
(not my picture)

No mess to clean up either. Pour the berries in the cake pan. Sprinkle cake mix over the berries. Pour the Sprite over the top. Bake!
try this 1 cup of ketchup, 1 cup salsa 1 can flavored soda your choice, 1 cup rice and a whole cup up chicken, mix together and put in the oven for 1 hour at 400.

Ooh, that berry cobbler is calling my name..........
droolin.gif

Condolences on the sleepover Kelly.
lau.gif

I just made a knock-off chili recipe supposed to be just like the chili cheese dogs at Der Weinersnitzel. It wasn't. But it did work great for chili-cheese fries. I'll freeze the rest until Cameron's next weekend with us.

I am also working on espresso cupcakes. Have been all day. Finally I should have time to make the buttercream and get them frosted.
fl.gif

I got the juvies all moved out to the coop today. Let the clean-up begin tomorrow! I banded the olive eggers. I think I have a bunch of boys in the group. As usual!
barnie.gif

Kelly, Sorry the English Orp broody didn't work out and enjoy the sleepover!

Its been a good and busy week here. All the Easter hatch turkeys are now gone. Three left last Sunday with a nice couple from PA. that bought a little buckling from us so he is gone, too. The other 4 poults left today with a second freshener we sold, and will really miss. We do get to use the buck of our choosing and get a doeling from her, if there is one, next year when she is breed. Wednesday we went to the hay auction, got some really good 3rd cutting alfalfa/mixed grass. When unloading found out it is certified organic. This week me and the Icelandic Sheepdogs start our private herding lessons! We've been going to a herding clinic once a month the last few months, they do really good. Oh, one of my Swedish Flower Hens went broody in the breeding pen
fl.gif
. I have a few roosters and and evil hen to send off to freezer camp. I'm not sure if this counts as an egg eater but, I have a hen that breaks eggs, or at least tries to, when I go to collect them. They are there all day if she wanted to eat them, but she actually waits until I pick them up to peck and break them,she'll be soup soon.

Good news Kelly! Morning will be here before you know it!
fl.gif

Nice downsizing Mike. Now you have to do a 'kathyinmo" and buy more than you sold!
lau.gif

I finished the cupcakes but couldn't get a decent picture. The neighbor across the street is blaring his music again and the basement is unusable. I have made several complaints today to the security for that gated community of losers. They can't hear the noise! My windows are about to break and I don't even live in that community! I have the sheriff going out now but I have to sign a citizens arrest for disturbing the peace. There are few laws in Nevada county and none for noise so that is how is has to be done. I am at my wits end and will be packing a bag and going to try to find a motel room for the night. Anyway here's a pic of the cupcake. Decadent for sure!

Said goodbye to 5 of the newly hatched chicks today along with 13 other 2 month olds that are going to Heber with Boston.

Now I need to put up for sale my trio of hamburgs and a couple of trios of silver laced Cochins and some black Cochins... along with some laying leghorns.

My broody Blue Copper Olive Egger mama that's taking care of the Dellies sometimes gets tired... I caught her twice up on the roost in the grow out pen. Some of those little two week old chicks end up flapping their little wings and jumping... as if they could ever reach mama. I went out after dark to make certain she had flown back down so they'd have something to get under in the cold. It's 72 out there right now on its way down to 70... they'll survive.

Good news Kelly! Morning will be here before you know it!
fl.gif

Nice downsizing Mike. Now you have to do a 'kathyinmo" and buy more than you sold!
lau.gif

I finished the cupcakes but couldn't get a decent picture. The neighbor across the street is blaring his music again and the basement is unusable. I have made several complaints today to the security for that gated community of losers. They can't hear the noise! My windows are about to break and I don't even live in that community! I have the sheriff going out now but I have to sign a citizens arrest for disturbing the peace. There are few laws in Nevada county and none for noise so that is how is has to be done. I am at my wits end and will be packing a bag and going to try to find a motel room for the night. Anyway here's a pic of the cupcake. Decadent for sure!

I want a bite!

Next time you move ...... check out the neighbors first.

I took a few pictures today. Not too many - cuz I don't have many chickens anymore.

I am loving this Icelandic boy.....

Down to 2 goslings now. A few adults are missing, too. Something is picking them off....

Back
Top Bottom