Stella's Social Club

Eva, that was some nice playing... reminds me of when I took lessons. I was a lazy student though, never practiced enough. Nowadays I just play by ear.

I published a complete workbook for piano that includes fingering charts sorted into 12 sets of major and minor keys. Scales, chords/cadences and arpeggios. There are no notes, even 5-year olds can read the charts and start practicing these patterns. And since it's sorted eg C Major and C minor (3 patterns) it's not so boring to practice. Actually it's quite relaxing. Many of my students really like practicing these patterns with my charts, which gives average students an advantage learned examination pieces.
I told Emika about 8 weeks ago, she needed 25 hours of dedicated scales practice to get her fingers moving. That helped preparing this Mozart piece. Emika has only been playing piano since 4 years, not quite 2 years with me. Now it's refining the wrist motion nuances so she will place 1st not third.

Last edited:
I can't make it until I have guests over.  I'm the only one in the house that eats cheesecake. 

Holy smokes, she is amazing!  I know nothing about playing the piano (though I've always wanted to learn), but it looks like a very challenging piece to play.

I teach about 40% of my lessons via Skype. Let me know when you are ready.
My oldest student is 69

Thank you for all your congratulations and well wishes to Emika's performance. She has been working on this piece since last April. She will be performing this piece again in the Steinway Awards Festival Competition in March besides 2 other pieces. I will let you know how it went

Quote: Wow, who would have thought Skype for piano lessons. I kind of have to get a piano first.
lau.gif
When my kids are grown and gone, I'll have the time.

I published a complete workbook for piano that includes fingering charts sorted into 12 sets of major and minor keys. Scales, chords/cadences and arpeggios. There are no notes, even 5-year olds can read the charts and start practicing these patterns. And since it's sorted eg C Major and C minor (3 patterns) it's not so boring to practice. Actually it's quite relaxing. Many of my students really like practicing these patterns with my charts, which gives average students an advantage learned examination pieces.
I told Emika about 8 weeks ago, she needed 25 hours of dedicated scales practice to get her fingers moving. That helped preparing this Mozart piece. Emika has only been playing piano since 4 years, not quite 2 years with me. Now it's refining the wrist motion nuances so she will place 1st not third.

She is very dedicated! Do you sell or have a link to your workbook? I'd like to take a look at it.

About 2 weeks ago I started my two oldest kids (7 and 9) on a scales book, they both like them- and my 9 year old took to them like a fish to water! He loves scales! I do, too, but wasn't sure how they would like them. Scales are a love or a hate- there are very few in between!

Wow, who would have thought Skype for piano lessons. I kind of have to get a piano first.
lau.gif
When my kids are grown and gone, I'll have the time.

Ah the ever elusive quest.... when I have the time!

Back
Top Bottom