Stella's Social Club

Mostly Arkansas Blues, but I have a few Cream Legbars as well.

Ron, I still owe you eggs - this year I have 2 roosters, one with no red leakage at all, and 6 nice hens, so should be easier to collect a good number in a shorter time.

Ron, I still owe you eggs - this year I have 2 roosters, one with no red leakage at all, and 6 nice hens, so should be easier to collect a good number in a shorter time.
wee.gif

I am so happy right now!

I have two UofA hens and one is laying eggs. I hope to add to the gene pool and get some going for Chris too.

Hmmmmm, I haven't had an Arkansas Blue yet. Might have to ask you for eggs!

Last year I provided a half dozen eggs to anyone who asked for the cost of shipping, as I hope to increase the number of breeders - they are Very rare. I think this year I could up that to 1 dozen as I have more hens now. Before starting all that I'll have to separate the CL hens out, and that will not be until the weather warms up enough in the spring that I will not have to use a heater for the water in the little coop. Chris and Ron are first on my list, but I would be happy to add you.

They are not touchy-feely birds, very likely to run when approached, but they are not unfriendly and I have not had nor heard of a bad rooster yet. They lay very pretty eggs. With blue roos over blue hens, there should be blue, black and splash offspring.

That is very nice of you Mutt's Fan. I hope you can encourage more folks to work with them. Say hello to the world's cutest doxie for me. Arf arf woof!!

Oooooh, splash. I don't have any splash birds anymore. That would be awesome, and super nice of you!

I don't know that I would be breeding them though, unless I just fell in love with them. So if you want to charge me, I understand.

Last edited:
Have you northern Californian's been washed away yet?
Are your reservoirs full?
We are so grateful for all of the soaking rain you have sent our way!

Keep up the good work!

Have you northern Californian's been washed away yet?
Are your reservoirs full?
We are so grateful for all of the soaking rain you have sent our way!

Keep up the good work!

Rivers are hitting flood stage today--Not bad flooding though. There is a lot of snow in the mountains and the lakes are nearly full.

We are out of the drought emergency now
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom