Stella's Social Club

Glad she and Tucker are well. How about Michael?
And how are you doing? I've been really worried about you Cali peeps with all the fires around.
Michael is doing fine as well.

I have been spared most of the fire issues here. Mostly, we just had a lot of smoke. The fires this year were farther away from us. They are devastating to the over 1,000 people that lost their homes in Redding.

I have been extra busy with my mom. She is going through chemo right now, so between checking on her, grocery shopping/errands, cooking meals to help her and my step dad out - so my life is hectic. Plus, I have helped my grandmother by doing her personal finances for the past 7 years and I do her grocery shopping too. Add my house cleaning, kids stuff, chickens and bees, saying I'm a pretty busy person is a HUGE understatement. Now my grandmother fell, and I got summoned for jury duty. :he

Michael is doing fine as well.

I have been spared most of the fire issues here. Mostly, we just had a lot of smoke. The fires this year were farther away from us. They are devastating to the over 1,000 people that lost their homes in Redding.

I have been extra busy with my mom. She is going through chemo right now, so between checking on her, grocery shopping/errands, cooking meals to help her and my step dad out - so my life is hectic. Plus, I have helped my grandmother by doing her personal finances for the past 7 years and I do her grocery shopping too. Add my house cleaning, kids stuff, chickens and bees, saying I'm a pretty busy person is a HUGE understatement. Now my grandmother fell, and I got summoned for jury duty. :he
You are very Busy!

Sounds like your life is running full speed ahead! I well remember the time spent with my mom during her year-and-a-half of surgeries and chemo. And it's not just time consuming and hard, it's emotionally exhausting. I'm glad you have a lot of support.
Yes, it is both. My step dad helps too, but he can't keep it together emotionally. So she is relying on me for strength.

I'm amazed that I'm managing to get anything done. My house is certainly suffering, but I'm keeping up with the basics. My coops really need a cleaning, but I'm waiting until the weather cools down.

Kelli, you have plenty of excuses to get off of jury duty! You are an essential caregiver for 2 other families as well as your own. At least, you should get a deferral. Hang in there. :hugs:hugs
I'm hoping I call in and I'm done. I really don't mind doing it, but the timing sucks. I was supposedly already served once (though I didn't receive it) and I got the nasty-gram that I didn't appear.

Yes, it is both. My step dad helps too, but he can't keep it together emotionally. So she is relying on me for strength.

I'm amazed that I'm managing to get anything done. My house is certainly suffering, but I'm keeping up with the basics. My coops really need a cleaning, but I'm waiting until the weather cools down.

I'm hoping I call in and I'm done. I really don't mind doing it, but the timing sucks. I was supposedly already served once (though I didn't receive it) and I got the nasty-gram that I didn't appear.
Here in Yolo county there is a form to fill out when they set you up for Jury Duty that includes reasons for exclusion.

Here in Yolo county there is a form to fill out when they set you up for Jury Duty that includes reasons for exclusion.

I once was called to Jury Duty when I was working as the only person running a farm office and I did the bi-weekly payroll myself. I was picked to be in the pool for a murder trial that was supposed to last 3 weeks so I asked to be excused and was. That trial actually went on for 3 months and the jury was sequestered! Thank heavens I was excused!

I once was called to Jury Duty when I was working as the only person running a farm office and I did the bi-weekly payroll myself. I was picked to be in the pool for a murder trial that was supposed to last 3 weeks so I asked to be excused and was. That trial actually went on for 3 months and the jury was sequestered! Thank heavens I was excused!
In Yolo county, they run trials one week on and one week off--That trial would have gone on for 6 months here!

Back
Top Bottom