j/k
big_smile.png

Quote:
now if it was cat you would need sweet and sour sauce with some fried rice
gig.gif
j/k
big_smile.png

ROFLMBO

It's good to discuss, even eating cat, what with 2012 around the corner and all...

Quote:
He sounds like my neighbor
wink.png
- I call this resourceful and non-wasteful. Me if I have to process an animal - I will simmer most of the organs for a bit - make a broth and give it to my dogs (organs and broth) mixed with their dry food. they LOVE LOVE LOVE it. - they get a special treat and its extra boost of protein and all that healthy goodness and I dont waste it.
smile.png

Try raccoon once - if you don't like it - tell hubby you tried and it ain't happening again - he'll probably leave you alone about it.

Skunk - all you have to do is cut head off - skin it - remove all the glands and the tail itself too just to be safe. then gut it. wash it really well - season and brine/marinade 8+ hrs in whatever you want to - and then cook it about like the raccoon.
wink.png

(never tried it - but know someone who does cook and eat them)

I have eating weird things but raccoon...I just don't know...I have had sea urchins, squid, snails, raw clams, razor clams, spawn and just about any salt water seafood you can think of. I lived on an island for 23 years in the lobster/crab business. Not much red meat there. We did manage to have deer meat on rare occasions. Good stuff. Maybe someday I might try a little piece of raccoon just to say I have tried it. The recipe sounds good by the op.

I love frog legs, rabbit, deer, moose and bear meat. I would love to try snake. My Husband wastes nothing and I mean nothing. He is super thrifty.

Quote:
Nice to meet you. Arbitrary cultural food taboos are, in my opinion, utterly irrational and should be dismissed from the intelligent and self-aware mind. I have absolutely none. If it's healthy palatable food, I eat it with pleasure and no prejudice. There is no sane or rational reason you should not enjoy raccoon meat, particularly if you are in a position where you must trap or kill them anyway to protect your chickens. You do have to know how to cook it, as it is a greasy meat - I liken it to goose or duck with the skin on - but if you do, it is amazingly rich and luscious.

I'd be delighted to demonstrate the culinary versatility of coon meat with some hifalutin' gourmet dishes actually, so let me know if there's a coon cookin' in the works anywhere near my neck of the woods!

I'm half scientist and half redneck. Country folks don't always know what to make of me.
wink.png

When I was a kid, my father was experimenting/following the "Daniel Boone" side of the family by being a fur trapper. We lived so far back in the woods of southern Kentucky that God didn't know where we were. Whatever he caught was our "meat" for the day. My siblings and I joke that if it walked on four legs or swam in the waters of Kentucky, we've eaten it.

Being the first licensed Chinese language teaches in the United States, shortly after the Cultural Revolution, my wife and I were invited to China where we toured parts that hadn't ever seen white people, let alone Americans. We were given all sorts of delicacies for our meals everywhere we went; these were meals that the Chinese people would die for. We never asked again what we were having when we were told that we'd just eaten large fruit bats. Anne and I now say that if it walks on four legs, flies through the air, or swims in the waters of China, we've eaten it.

Meat's meat when you're hungry. I'm still alive.

Quote:
Hey!I love frog legs, when they are prepped right.They are a lot like gator " if you dont cook it long enough it is rubbery and yucky.

Back
Top Bottom