Stiffness In buckling! Need help ASAP!!!!

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
5 Years
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
Hello, I really need help. My sister has a 6 month old buckling and I’ve noticed he looks a little stiff and his gate is off. He hasn’t got his C.D.T shot yet, so we will be giving that to him and his sister soon. Anyone have any suggestions? We are trying to sell this beautiful boy, but need him in top shape because we definitely don’t want to sell a sick goat to someone!! I don’t think it’s CAE… I’ve see it in other goats and it doesn’t look to be it, I could be totally wrong though!! Please help me figure out what’s wrong!!!!

Three things that come to mind are tetanus, polio, and white muscle. If it is tetanus, the ears will be very erect and the tail will be upright. If that is not the case ask your vet for a bottle of BoSe. That will take care of the white muscle, which is a selenium deficiency. I used to routinely give my baby calves, kids, and lambs BoSe shortly after they were born. Polio is a thiamine deficiency and can cause some truly bizarre symptoms in ruminants. If he starts acting like he is blind and is pushing his head against the wall that is a sure sign of polio. It is treated with thiamine and you have to get that from the vet.

Back
Top Bottom