Still looking for someone to decrow my one roosters

A Velcro collar isn't going to hurt your chicken. You have to periodically check it to make sure that it isn't too tight, one of my roosters has had one on for months and it hasn't needed to be readjusted. My other rooster can het his off within minutes of me putting it on, if he sees it in my hand he immediately pecks it, he hates it and it does not work for him.
It doesn’t work for him

I feel really bad for your situation. From your comments, it sounds like you live in an area where you are not allowed to have chickens. If you are set on keeping him, maybe you can make him some diapers and he can be a house chicken.

Please don't do this. It is cruel and inhumane. You are taking away the ability for your rooster to do what he was made to do. You can't alter an animal just for your own wants or needs.
If you can't keep your rooster, give him to someone who can provide a nice home for him.
Decrowing a rooster is very painful, and incredibly risky. Birds can die so quickly under anesthesia. Why put your rooster through that?
Please, reconsider whether you really want to do this. In the end, you have to decide what will be best for your rooster, and not what would be best for you.
Wdym what’s best for me his head is still bleeding from when we picked him up yesterday from his 6th roosters rescue and to mind you he’s also been to a place where they only have hens and they beat him up to and what me and my dad want to do with our chickens is not as a worse as choking them with a collar if your not gonna help then don’t comment.

You have to do an integration into a flock otherwise they will gang up on him. Integration can take from 1-3 weeks.
Yeah me and my dad are gonna call in other states to get this done this seems cruel to you people but when someone does it to a dog it’s okay 🤷🏼‍♀️

From what I know, vets don't do the decrowing because it is dangerous and all the vets are youngers. I also live in an area where vets aren't for poultry because poultry aren't considered pets and I wouldn't trust a vet that doesn't have experience with poultry.

Yeah me and my dad are gonna call in other states to get this done this seems cruel to you people but when someone does it to a dog it’s okay 🤷🏼‍♀️
I get you are upset, but I don't appreciate grouping me with "you people" when I am trying to help and this is the first comment of help I wrote.
I won't try to help again. I wish you luck.

I get you are upset, but I don't appreciate grouping me with "you people" when I am trying to help and this is the first comment of help I wrote.
I won't try to help again. I wish you luck.
Your telling me to an integration to get him into the flock so he has no more feathers left all of his back neck feathers are gone and he head still is bleeding that more inhumane then the surgery that’s like setting your rooster up for death sorry I don’t want my handsome death layer to die!

I feel so bad. I can tell you love him a lot. Sorry you have to go through this. Proper integration just means keeping the chickens separate from each other so they can 'see but not touch' until they get used to each other. I can see that there is some misunderstanding going on in this thread, don't be upset. The people here care about your rooster.

Maybe you can try to find someone more knowledgeable who would be willing to take him in. Maybe someone here would take him.

Back
Top Bottom