Still needing advice. Please read!

Well, I dreamed he hatched last night :).. but when I looked this morning there was no hole in it. I heard some peeps and the egg wobbling a little. But no hole or crack. I hope he is strong enough to get out. I am ready to put a hole in it if I need to if you guys think its ever time. He should be out today or tomorrow for sure!!!

Last edited:
My first duck egg was 2 days overdue and I was all nervous and stuff. But when I kinda gave up, he cracked the shell one morning!! It took him forever (actually "only" 1.5 days later) to hatch. I didn't help him at all although I really wanted to, instead, I sang him songs. Whenever he heard me singing, he got excited, wiggle and work on his way out. So don't give up, think positive, and sing (my singing sucks, but ducklings and goslings like that
wink.png
).

My first duck egg was 2 days overdue and I was all nervous and stuff. But when I kinda gave up, he cracked the shell one morning!! It took him forever (actually "only" 1.5 days later) to hatch. I didn't help him at all although I really wanted to, instead, I sang him songs. Whenever he heard me singing, he got excited, wiggle and work on his way out. So don't give up, think positive, and sing (my singing sucks, but ducklings and goslings like that
wink.png
).

Well, my son help me too. He keeps going in there singing to it and making little bird noises. Its so cute. Really hoping he comes out soon! Thanks.

Nothing yet. Its wobbling. But no peeps since early this morning, no hole, no tapping.. and I have been checking on him every hour.

Last edited:
Am I supposed to be hearing tapping noises? Im not hearing anything.. just seeing wobbling.

I doubt you will hear tapping outside of the incubator with your bare ears. They don't exactly have lots of room inside an egg, and aren't banging against a wall or door. Wobbling is good.

Walk away and ignore the incubator. Laundry, a walk, a book, errands, anything to get you away from and distracted from the incubator. You are tunnel vision focused on it right now, which is fine, except you are looking for major changes every hour. They just don't work that quickly. I might check eggs in the hatcher 2-3 times a day, sometimes only once a day unless I hear lots of noise.

Well, I'm a busy body so I tend to always be checking or doing something.. So it's not out of the norm for me to get majorly focused on something (especially animal related. :). I'm doing tons of other things around the house at the same time. I an however hoping it will hatch soon. Anxious to see if he's ok. Today is my husband and I's 12th wedding anniversary so were leaving at 4 and won't b back till really late. So I will b gone all evening. I just know we're coming down to the last day of this hatching and im hoping it turns out ok.

Back
Top Bottom