Still needing advice. Please read!

Please try not to be too hard on yourself.
Remember this egg had 0 chance without your help to start with.
The initial trauma it went through may have caused issues as well.
Sometimes no matter what we do it doesn't work out.
At this point a hands off approach of just watching is best.
I hope this little one proves us all wrong, but regardless you did the best you could to give it a chance it didn't have without you.

hugs.gif

My sentiments excatly. Please keep us updated.

This baby goose is still alive. I swear it. The temp this morning was 101. I hadn't touched it since I candled it early yesterday. I wish I had a good video of it. Today he is moving really good. But in one spot. Half the egg is empty. I don't get it? I thought it would be filling up the whole egg by now? I am 100% sure there is SOMETHING alive. Now if its healthy I don't know. But its alive. Which kinda makes it worse for me. Because I am also pretty sure its not going to make it. So I only hope its not suffering. I could try to take another video of it?

Last edited:
This baby goose is still alive. I swear it. I wish I had a good video of it. Today he is moving really good. But in one spot. Half the egg is empty. I don't get it? I thought it would be filling up the whole egg by now? I am 100% sure there is SOMETHING alive. Now if its healthy I don't know. But its alive. Which kinda makes it worse for me. Because I am also pretty sure its not going to make it. So I only hope its not suffering. I could try to take another video of it?
im upoading a video in minute. You can for sure see it this time. I showed all the detail I can. My hands were VERY still.

Last edited:
This baby goose is still alive. I swear it. The temp this morning was 101. I hadn't touched it since I candled it early yesterday. I wish I had a good video of it. Today he is moving really good. But in one spot. Half the egg is empty. I don't get it? I thought it would be filling up the whole egg by now? I am 100% sure there is SOMETHING alive. Now if its healthy I don't know. But its alive. Which kinda makes it worse for me. Because I am also pretty sure its not going to make it. So I only hope its not suffering. I could try to take another video of it?

I feel a little weary of making a statement in light of all that went on when I told you about the air sack, but if half the egg is empty the air sack has and was getting bigger all the time. Hence my advise earlier about day 25 and a human pg. Remember? I truly hope this baby makes it. Keep us updated and I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

heres the video... (it has been sitting with the dark part inside the egg toward the top (I guess thats the baby).. should I have had the baby towards the bottom and not the top? It has been in the same position now for over two days)

Last edited:
NEW VIDEO. MOVEMENT FOR SURE. Today is day 30.
Thank you. Im gonna hold out for a couple days and keep checking just to make sure. It doesn't smell bad? I will let you know either way. I will probably stop Sunday. :-(

Yep looks like my eggs did the day before external pip, but please wait for celtics analysis and keep doing what she told you. Your baby looks like it wants to hatch soon. Is the egg rocking at all yet?

goosegg you really need to put them into lockdown and leave them alone now

its better to allow them to lay still and pip

if you handle them that can cause disruption to the natural balance and process and could cause late pip or even in shell death

all in all great to see it going well for ya

Last edited:
Yep looks like my eggs did the day before external pip, but please wait for celtics analysis and keep doing what she told you. Your baby looks like it wants to hatch soon. Is the egg rocking at all yet?

its not rocking. My humidity is at 30% right now. 99.5 temp. Im wondering when to change the humidity? Not till I see a hole on the outside? Waiting on Celtic.

Last edited:
its not rocking. My humidity is at 30% right now. 99.5 temp. Im wondering when to change the humidity? Not till I see a hole on the outside? Waiting on Celtic.

Don't do anything until you hear from Celtic, but usually you do not up the humidity until external pip.

Back
Top Bottom