Still waiting

What a weird year of laying it sounds like. Mine have been laying since late March when there was still snow on the ground. Good luck to all you who are still awaiting that first egg.

Ok, I got one from my white hen today, well actually around 9pm. She is in with my male Zeus (silver pied split to peach).

100_1904.jpg

Last edited:
It's very weird how it changes from year to year. Last year my two hens did not lay until Late June, laid 1 clutch and that was it. This year I already have 6 hatched, 10 more cooking and 6 waiting to incubate and their laying appears to be picking up again.

Sounds like it doesn't matter if we live north or south, they are just all different. I get so excited hearing about everybody who's getting and hatching eggs. I felt left behind. (sigh) I'll keep chanting-"Patience. Patience. Patience". Good luck everyone!

Oregon checking in here, Ours have been laying for about 2 weeks, just like clock work, then we had some nice warm weather (up to 70 a few days) then a cold snap, felt like winter. and egg production has been
0 one day and 2 the next day 3, we are hoping to get back normal soon.

their drop in production has made me worry that we needed to leave them in the nests like they were getting upset that we their eggs were disappearing. but, I am pretty sure its weather related.

Back
Top Bottom