Stinky sneezy hen? infection

What did the vet say about Maizey?
Perhaps you can break open the capsule and mix it with her favorite treat that you'll know she'll eat, maybe add a little water only if necessary.
He agreed that she had infection but wanted to do blood work to the tune of $140.00. I said we'd try the Clindamycin first. They said not to open the capsule. I held her, opening her beak, while my hubby put a wide plastic straw in her mouth , popped the capsule in and down the shoot, followed by a straw full of water. Whew! easier than I thought, 2 x a day for 7 days.. yay :D Thanks again

What did the vet say about Maizey?
Perhaps you can break open the capsule and mix it with her favorite treat that you'll know she'll eat, maybe add a little water only if necessary.
Thank you,
While he agreed that she had an infection, he suggested testing, for $140.00. I asked to try the Clindamycin first.
He said not to break open the capsule. We were able to hold her, pry her lil beak open, and put in a small piece of a wide plastic straw, and put the capsule right down the hatch, followed by a straw full of water. Not that difficult afterall. Now just 2x a day for 7 days. :hmm 🥰

Maizey update....:thumbsup💕
She finished her round of antibiotics and is doing great!! She had Coyza .No more sneezing or foul odor.My other two are fine and have not gotten sick.
Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom