Stolen hen came home!

luvthebeach

Chirping
Mar 16, 2022
While I was out of town and hubby was minding the flock, my largest, heaviest cinnamon queen disappeared! She just showed up this morning! She has been gone 5 days! Needless to say, she has lost weight and looks awful! It looks like something grabbed her on her back, around the base of her wings. Her bottom was a mess also, so I gave her a good soak. What can I give her to help recover from the trauma? I haven't found any puncture wounds, but there is what looks like dried blood and dirt on her. My husband set up a fenced area in the coop to keep the others away from her while she heals.

Attachments

• 20220815_074439.jpg
    20220815_074439.jpg
    669.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220815_074451.png
    20220815_074451.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
It looks like she was injured by a predator. Some use chlorhexidene, Vetericyn wound spray, or saline could be used to spray on the wounds. Then apply a thin coat of plain antibiotic ointment or chlorhexidene cream twice a day. Is she eating and drinking? She may have been unable to get food and water, ao I would offer moistened feed, cooked egg bits, and lots of water. Consider some vitamins with electrolytes or Poultry NutriDrench for a few days.

It looks like she was injured by a predator. Some use chlorhexidene, Vetericyn wound spray, or saline could be used to spray on the wounds. Then apply a thin coat of plain antibiotic ointment or chlorhexidene cream twice a day. Is she eating and drinking? She may have been unable to get food and water, ao I would offer moistened feed, cooked egg bits, and lots of water. Consider some vitamins with electrolytes or Poultry NutriDrench for a few days.
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom