Stolen Horse--Man is BACK in jail!

Quote:
which in itself makes a statement about character

That statement says more about the papers character than the commenters...

We are sorry that we have neither the manpower nor the time to sift through hundreds of legally questionable comments.

Can we assume from that line alone that they have received over 100 comments, most not posted?​

Quote:
If 2 people are on AOL dial up they both send there web traffic threw the same proxies. Some local ISPs use a sentral proxie to. The IP the website sees is the proxies IP but with what seems like a something random after or the word dynamic. Its so you can be tracked with a court order but so someone on the other end can not say for sure who is who. They are from difrent people that are close to each other and/or use the same ISP. They know it but cant prove it ether way an are useing it as an excuse I bet.

Sure, sure, but it's highly unlikely that they got 20 from the same or even similar ISPs. I think they just don't know what to do about the unusual influx of comments and are concerned that they are bogus.

Ether way they are trying to hid the fact that they dont know what they are doing, or worse they do know.....

Quote:
If 2 people are on AOL dial up they both send there web traffic threw the same proxies. Some local ISPs use a sentral proxie to. The IP the website sees is the proxies IP but with what seems like a something random after or the word dynamic. Its so you can be tracked with a court order but so someone on the other end can not say for sure who is who. They are from difrent people that are close to each other and/or use the same ISP. They know it but cant prove it ether way an are useing it as an excuse I bet.

Sure, sure, but it's highly unlikely that they got 20 from the same or even similar ISPs. I think they just don't know what to do about the unusual influx of comments and are concerned that they are bogus.

I think you're right. The commented on how the discussion part is for their "community" and wasn't meant to handle the traffic from all these outside sources. I don't believe the newspaper is in bed with these thieves... I just think they don't care and are printing the facts to try to stay out of it. The best bet we could have is other local people seeing the flux of activity and taking notice and thereby putting pressure on those who are in a position to help.

I completely agree with citychucker? that we need to think bigger...county, state help ...not just town help. Ropo, if you could write up a timeline of events... add everything you can think of... from day 1 and post that, (basically, recap this entire thread) we can use that when we go bigger. We need court dates and which courts presided and which officials were present and what were the outcomes. I promise to take this info. to the county and state. If a few others do as well, while maintaing composure and not namecalling and getting emotional
smile.png
we can do this!

Last edited:
I posted it on my Facebook, maybe we can get the AP to pick up the story?

I did a google search for the writer, all I came up with was her email/phone from when she used to work at a different paper.

I *did* find this though, so if one of the more eloquent amoung us would like to submit something to the AP, here is how:

How
do I submit a press release?
If you have a story of local significance, you should send your idea to a local AP bureau. The AP has a bureau in every state capital.

If your story has national or international significance, send an e-mail (no attachments) to [email protected] or you can mail your press release to AP's National Desk or International Desk at The Associated Press, 450 W. 33rd St., New York, NY 10001

10. How do I contact an AP reporter or editor?
Send an e-mail to [email protected] and it will be forwarded to the reporter or editor.

Here's hoping you get Max back soon!

OK, I will try and summarize everything. It's gonna take a bit. Do you want it really in depth or do you want it to skim the less important areas and really bring out the big ones?

Yeah, a consolidated timeline that is very clear and concise would be a big help.

What can we all do at this point to help you get an attorney? I said it a few pages back and will repeat it again, we *have* to have a lot of members here from OK. Surely, *someone* knows an attorney that can help. I am guessing you got no where with Wal-Mart legal aid? If not, I would suggest starting to look for attorneys in the surrounding areas. Just begin with the nearest decent sized city and start working your way out. Contact them one by one giving them a brief outline of what has happened. You may even have to start taking some entire days where you try to go to several consultation meetings with attorneys. I imagine there must be attorneys that will give you a free consultation at least and tell you where you stand.

I would be as clear and concise as possible stating just the facts (this is *so* hard for me personally because I am a big time rambler in written communication, probably because I can't speak, LOL). I would just be like-

Date One- Leased Horse to "blank".
Dates from Blank to Blank- Tried to contact "blank" about horse.
Date Three- Found out horse moved to different property.
Date Four- Found out horse "sold" (yeah, right) to Uncle (and don't leave out that it is the kid's uncles, that is key in my opinion).
Date Five- Notified Uncle that horse illegally sold.
Date Six- Asked to pay "xyz" in fees to Uncle.

I would go all the way through everything that has happened, mentioning each person's relation to each other (including the Sheriff's office) without a lot of additional personal commentary. Maybe even you can Fax this to some attorney's rather than or in addition to phone communication?

Someone else hinted at this as well several pages back, but do you think there is also some racial bias going on? If that is not appropriate to ask, please let me know. I am so, so sorry you are dealing with all this.

T***** said he asked R**** three times if the horse belonged to him when R**** attempted to sell it.

It says a lot for the character of those involved. I've sold several horses, and never once have been asked if any of them are stolen. Equally when buying horses that question has never arisen. It has never arisen buying or selling anything. The uncle must have a really high opinion of his nephew to have to ask. It makes no sense to buy a horse, or anything else for that matter, if you think there is the possibility it is stolen. Even dumber is to admit that you thought it might be, but to refuse to return it anyway. If he really believed him i'd love to be a fly on the wall at Thanksgiving; it's bad enough if someone said something tactless six years previously...
tongue.png

Quote:
It says a lot for the character of those involved. I've sold several horses, and never once have been asked if any of them are stolen. Equally when buying horses that question has never arisen. It has never arisen buying or selling anything. The uncle must have a really high opinion of his nephew to have to ask. It makes no sense to buy a horse, or anything else for that matter, if you think there is the possibility it is stolen. Even dumber is to admit that you thought it might be, but to refuse to return it anyway. If he really believed him i'd love to be a fly on the wall at Thanksgiving; it's bad enough if someone said something tactless six years previously...
tongue.png

I thought the exact same thing!
thumbsup.gif
Why on earth would you ask someone once, much less 3 times if something you're buying is stolen, unless you know they got it under questionable circumstances??

Shelly

Someone else hinted at this as well several pages back, but do you think there is also some racial bias going on? If that is not appropriate to ask, please let me know. I am so, so sorry you are dealing with all this.

I said I think it has to do with:

A. She's a young woman
B. Her last name

And I think there is corruption in the sheriff's office.

From day one the sheriff's office didn't want to help - even lying about passing on information to the DA's Office. I think it was only when she got a lawyer friend to make some calls that the sheriff's office then contacted the DA to bring charges.

Back
Top Bottom