STOP THE PRESSES!!!! SNOW IN FAYETTEVILLE, NC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got about 5 inchs here, had a blast with the kids today. Laughed at the chickens alot, I think they thought the sky was falling. Its so pretty. They say first time in 5 years we got over a inch.

Quote:
So glad you're enjoying the snow! Had to laugh though at your sweet looking dogs in winter coats-my indoor dog (course she's a german shepherd-indoors year round because of the cold weather in the winter) goes out in _50 F. weather here to go to the bathroom!! She sure makes it fast though!! When it's that cold out, she no longer goes out behind the house, it's anyplace closeby so that she can get back in as fast as she can!!
gig.gif

Love to hear your enthusiasm!!! Enjoy!!!
celebrate.gif

*sigh* no more snow and the roads are clear so I will wait until daylight but unfortunately have to go to work today *sigh again*..was hoping for a small blizzard !! We still have snow in all the yards, not like Henmama got, only about 3" here but never did stick to the road. Hope everyone else that got great snow has fun today!!!
wink.png

Quote:
My snow has been off the roads (as well as all the ice) for a week or two now. I am happy for that. When snow stays around it gets ugly because it collects dirt. I am jealous of you being able to enjoy it for a day or two while it's "cool"! I could handle that. I don't like having to shovel two feet of it off my driveway and shovel a path to my coop each day for days on end. Lucky you!

Here are couple of pictures I took yesterday until I had to go inside (the wind was blowing like crazy!). We're about an hour east of Fayetteville. We got about 3" of snow, but deeper in spots.

Too "chicken" to come out of the coop.
buffs_jan20.jpg

Pilgrims in the Snow - they love it!
geese_jan20.jpg

Jason and I had went to Fayetteville back in Feb. of '99 for a friends wedding. While we were down there is was beautiful. Sun out, warm weather, ocean was cold though. And then the night before we left....major ice storm. We left early in the morning and the cars were left and right in the ditch. Roads were slicker than I remember up here in WI on a bad day. It was a first major ice storm in years type of thing. I made Jason drive until we cleared the bad roads. Once we got outta that it was clear sailing all the way back to WI.
Loved it while we were down there, and have always wanted to go back.
I have pictures somewhere of the mountains and trees covered in ice and snow...very pretty pictures...

Back
Top Bottom