Store bought greens

That's what I'm thinking...I'll check the "clearance veggies" and hopefully find some things they will enjoy.

Is spinach really that bad, or just when fed in large amounts?

Broccoli, fresh or frozen (thawed). Peas, fresh, frozen, canned or cooked from dry peas. Although not greens, any form of squash cut in half served raw or baked, seeds and all would make a nutritional contribution and add needed roughage and variety to their diet.

Heads of cabbage, heads of lettuce, arugula, mixed salad bags, herbs, and kale. I also look at the clearance fruits and veggies. Our store has a shelf where they put tons of stuff thats still good, but most people don't buy it. They always have tomatoes and eggplant, which my birds are completely obsessed about.

Broccoli, fresh or frozen (thawed). Peas, fresh, frozen, canned or cooked from dry peas. Although not greens, any form of squash cut in half served raw or baked, seeds and all would make a nutritional contribution and add needed roughage and variety to their diet.
I have a butternut squash I'm cutting up today for mine. I forgot to eat it. My loss is always their gain!

Lots of great ideas for reference here...thank yall so much!

Basically I will buy them a buffet and see what is a hit. I always feel bad when they're down to just pellets.

Back
Top Bottom