Stories of your Chicken Names

We have a couple cute ones...

Our MFD's are Copper, Penny and Buddy (short for Budweiser)....all after their color.

We have a Barred OEGB named Errol after Errol Flynn...you should see him strut his stuff.

I have:

2 Ameraucanas: Myrtle --named because my (2yr old) grandson called her Myrtle the turtle
Birdie--because I love the movie Hope Floats
2EE : Esmeralda
Eudora ---both because they look like witches- (Bewitch --the original)
2 BO : Big Deloris (again from Hope Floats and she was my first bully)
Matilda --we wanted a Matilda
2 RIR : Ruby
Ginger--- our two red heads
3 BR :Dot ---she has a totally black feather where her heart is and it looks like a Dot
Eunice -- the Carol Burnette show
Bea -- ??

Miss Thang... is bossy and wants everything her way... that is why I named her that... she gripes if there is not enough hay in her nest box... and I can here her in my house with the ac and tv going... sometimes I have to fluff the hay up for her so she will lay her egg and shut up... she is way louder than my roo and I live in the woods so she echos...I am sure the neighbors are annoyed with her... gotta love that spoiled brat

Chixie, Miss Thang because she is so bossy and wants everythang her way - that is so funny.
I can just see her sitting there with a martini in one hand and a cigarette in an extra longgggggggggg holder in the other hand with her legs crossed, swinging the top foot while she hollers for you to come fluff her nesting straw. Hysterical

And Chriskim, Buttercup was a spoiled brat in that movie too. My Buttercup was the second in command until the banty roo arrived, then she got demoted. She's not bossy just pushy. Don't ya just love that movie? My family has watched it so much over the years that we have most of the dialogue memorized. It's just a great movie to quote.

Hey Chixie, next time Miss Thang cackles orders at you, you should say, "As You Wish"

Quote:
my chicks are named after characters from books too! they don't all have names yet, as i'm still waiting for many of them to decide if they are boys or girls and show their personalities.

what i do have:

Amelia Peabody-Emerson: (from the Amelia Peabody mysteries) big beautiful EE, very adventurous, inquisitive and a little bossy

Jane: (from Pride and Prejudice) another big beautiful EE, calm, gentle

Hansel: (from the Brothers' Grimm fairy tale) gray Silkie that i think is a boy, very outgoing and brave

Gretel: (from the Brothers' Grimm fairy tale) tiny gray Silkie that i think is a girl, a little shy but completely adorable

Gulliver: (from Gulliver's Travels) a big Buff Orpington cockerel, needs to check out every corner of the run and likes to roost on top of everything

Earnest: (from The Importance of Being Earnest) a Buff Brahma cockerel with tons of bravado. in this case, the importance of being Earnest is that his fellow Brahma brother is going to be dinner (so he doesn't get a name), while Earnest gets to woo the ladies (one day).

that just leaves 16 more chickens to name! i've got 3 Brahma girls who i'm thinking about naming after goddesses from Hindu texts (Lakshmi, Sita, and Radha probably). then 4 buff Orpingtons (girls i think) that all look alike, maybe a Serafina and a Lyra. the 3 gold-laced Wyandottes all look alike too, but one of them will eventually be Pippi Longstockings. and, finally, 3 more EEs of indeterminate sex that i have no clue what to name.

Lola and Daisy, my two roos - yes, they were suppose to be girls
Kernal, my son named her after Colonel Sanders, but I prefer to spell it and think of it this way
Asphalt, my husband named my Plymouth Rock Barred
Bea, pretty like a peacock, but pea sounds like pee, so went with Bea
Tom, has a turkey face
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom