Storing chicken coop "footwear"-feed-supplies

I wear flip flops out in my yard. No lugs to collect poop. They sit on a rug inside my back door in an extra room. Feed I keep in the house in 5 gallon buckets, but I ferment and just carry a gallon food grade bucket out to feed.
Lol...I'm in Alberta Canada...Flip flops all summer and then winter boots all winter...:th

Lol...I'm in Alberta Canada...Flip flops all summer and then winter boots all winter...:th

Oh! Yea you need those boots! I'm in AZ so I wear the flops all year.

I used to wear boots and kept them just outside the back door. I stuck my foot in one and there was a mouse in it one morning. Scared me half to death! No more boots.

Someone taught me a long time ago to get a large rubber band, or medium bungee cord, and fold the tops of the boots down in half, then wrap the band, or cord around them, to secure them in the folded down position. That way they won't get any rain, snow, spiders, lizards, snakes, or any other critters inside them. You can store them by the back door, near the steps of your deck, or wherever. If you fold them, and secure them in the same place all the time, in time, they get that fold in them permanently, so when you take them off, you don't have to secure them with a band anymore.

My feed is in metal garbage cans are in the garage. The Mule is in there too, so i fill buckets and put them in the mule. My water jugs get filled at the hydrant just outside the garage and then loaded in the Mule. My shoes either get parked just outside the door under the porch roof or on a tray in the house. My shoes don't tend to have much poop on them because the chickens are not free ranging yet and the guineas spend a lot of time in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom