Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
THIS is the stuff that makes me spend money. Stuff that people make with their hands, heart, and soul. I will spend serious cash (up to a point, of course) on something well made that speaks to me.

I don't wear jewelry* often, but LOVE to look at what people make, and occasionally I buy something.

*Jewelry usually doesn't fair well in the garden. I wear gloves, by my fingers still get dirty. I don't even wear my wedding ring; haven't since I shot Bullseye, as gold is NOT going to stand up to steel checkering on the gun, and it's REALLY difficult to get rings over my arthritic knuckles now.
I have a ton of jewelery I buy, but I rarely wear it. It's too nice looking for my off days, and I can't wear it at work either

I wear simple chokers daily to school, and then I want to start wearing bracelets and/or rings but I haven’t looked for any yet, since accessories make outfits look a lot better. My ears are pierced (I don’t know if they closed up or not), but I don’t have any earrings right now. I take off the chokers when I get home though since sometimes it feels like it’s choking me, but I know it’s not, it’s just my throat that feels tight sometimes.

Never owned on. Nor any necklaces, and while I briefly owned a watch, I didn't wear it.
On of my two clearest memories about my wedding is about my husband's wedding ring. The day was pretty much a blur, and that was for 5 minutes in front of a judge! (I cannot imagine going through the pomp and circumstance of a big ceremony...)

I'd asked hubby-to-be if he wanted a ring, and he said yes. No point in buying one if he doesn't want to wear it, right? The judge asks him, Do you have a ring for Sally? (There is no rehearsal for this; one take and done.) Yes, put it on her finger, blah blah blah.

Then he asks if I have a ring for him? HUGE feeling of relief that I did! What if I had to say No? could we still do this, and would it count?

The other clearest memory is my soon-to-be father-in-law insisting I have some flowers. We walked into a florist's shop and I told the woman, "I'm getting married in half an hour, and I need some flowers." Oh, the look on her face....

Bunny has produced at least two kits - I can see two, moving about in all the bedding, but don't want to disturb things until she is fully done kitting and they have a chance to acclimate to being on the outside of mama, not the inside. Guessing there are a handful. Hopeful there is a handful, not more or less.

In celebration?

Rabbit tacos tonight.

For good or ill, you can't tell its made from rabbit. Its not "beefy", its definitely not "goat-ish", its not like chicken tacos either. Probably closes to pork tacos, though without the pork "sweet" character???

MILD, very mild. Also, our last taco seasoning mix was a little heavy on the salt. Will fix that when we make the next batch.

Glad you are all fine.

We got a soaking last night; much needed and appreciated. The only downside is our road is now muck. The county graded it recently, so the surface was all "fluffed up." Vehicle undercarriages are probably 5 pounds heavier from all the sand.

Freya's undercarriage gets speckled too. That merits a mom (me) rubdown with a towel. She likes those, but doesn't seem to understand that being wiggly does not help the process. Silly puppy.

"Nothing else is silly puppy." (If you're old enough to get the reference. :))

Back
Top Bottom