Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
I had 2009 Forest River 5th wheel-had a large bunk room with separate bath, central vav and WD laundry closet. They are one of the better RVs for longevity. We bought it used for long trips when our kids were younger. Once they became teens with other interests (ie cheerleaders) we turned the laundry closet hookup into a kegerator compartment and drilled outdoor taps for camping trips with friends. Fun project. we have since sold the RV.

Thankfully you had the alternative housing while building.

So, I'm guessing you are not bothered by claustrophobia...?
You have to love someone very much to live in this small a space with them and work from home for any period of time. Glad she loves me so.

Also why we built a heated shower outside, a laundry attached, and a pantry with room for a full size fridge and a chest freezer.

I always enjoyed RV living.
We had a 29 ft set up permantly on the Pamlico for about 15 years. We stayed there more than home. Home was only 1 hr away. No chickens then. I did have 2 dogs and a cat that went with us.

After a total loss on our home, we stayed in a 33 ft in our back yard for a year while we rebuilt.

Winter can be interesting at times but with a little prep not too bad.

But I only *want* goats. They're cute. They could be a source of milk. They could browse the poison ivy out of existance.

Need....? Well.... I have no confidence in the fencing we could put up. We have a couple of out buildings that might be a shelter, but they're close to a 1/4 mile from the house. That could be a problem in the winter.
I would love to have goats, but…I don’t think hubby would go along with it ( he is glad the chickens are not here right now) and I’ve also heard that they are escape artists 😬 not to mention they eat almost everything?!

I would love to have goats, but…I don’t think hubby would go along with it ( he is glad the chickens are not here right now) and I’ve also heard that they are escape artists 😬 not to mention they eat almost everything?!
Yes, a goat will not stay where it does not want to be - though my rabbits were better escape artists. and while they CAN eat almost anything, their preference is for brown, stick like things at least 6" off the ground

Today's pro tip.

**IF** you happen to buy yourself an aluminum trailer - and there are good reasons to do so. Such as lighter weight and doesn't rust....

Chances are very good that your trailer lighting kit grounds on frame.

Do youself a favor. When you run the wiring, run full length grounds, don't rely on the frame to do it for you. The trailer may ground well well new and clean, but let that aluminum develop just a little bit of surface scale and you will be laying in the dirt, working upside down, fixing your wiring. Not next month, not next season, but you WILL be doing it.

Any news on the duckling hatch? :fl
When I left for the hardware store, it was still just the one that did not make it maybe that will change by the time I get back home but I had really expected more progress from one of the eggs that had picked, and just didn't see it this morning.

Back
Top Bottom