Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
Mind???? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Welcome to the Thread!

Looks like another poor duck hatching. Should setchicks next, but I have so many still to cull from last year, i may do ducks again after tI takeapart the incubator for a good once over.

Today, however, I have to rewire the trailer and get some plywood to fix a soft spot in the RV floor. (Overlay, NOT a tear down and replace. Doing otherwise would be a job of weeks, since I'll make other changes to the RV when I do that. Like rewire for 220/50 and install a mini-split - if I can find ANY space that will allow that and still permit the bump outs to work...)
Is size the reason you have the pekins? What about a different breed that might have better hatching?

43 years!!!! WOW. Congratulations!!!!! My wife and I are 28 years married, almost 31 together.
43! Great! 28 is way above average (7-8 years is average?!?!? sayeth google).

Hubby and I will celebrate 35 years in a few months.

I did read this sobering thought many years ago: All marriages end unhappily. Neither death nor divorce are considered happy events by most people.

Is size the reason you have the pekins? What about a different breed that might have better hatching?
I have Pekins because they were the only ducks available at Tractor Supply during the start of the Pandemic, when we got our birds, and because we like duck meat - but these Pekins (Hoover Hatchery) have been pretty unimpressive in all respects.

I did read this sobering thought many years ago: All marriages end unhappily. Neither death nor divorce are considered happy events by most people.
If it wasn't good, you wouldn't miss it when it was gone.

An unhappy ending can be a good sign. Or, an episode of "Wives with Knives".

Every now and then, hubby talks about building a teardrop trailer and doing some travelling. I'm only sort of interested; what would I do with the chickens and what about the garden?

But how would I ever get to be alone????
My parents traveled in trailer when my dad retired for many years. Dad spent the day fishing and talking to other camps. Mom was into reading books, watching soaps and walking trails.
They spent summers in Oregon and winters in southern Texas. Until it got to be too much.

I have Pekins because they were the only ducks available at Tractor Supply during the start of the Pandemic, when we got our birds, and because we like duck meat - but these Pekins (Hoover Hatchery) have been pretty unimpressive in all respects.
Maybe you should try some Rouen or khaki? They're darker colored too, so they might have some more camouflage than the pekins.

43 years!!!! WOW. Congratulations!!!!! My wife and I are 28 years married, almost 31 together.
Thank you. Although we were aware of each other in high school we weren't friends. We started dating in February 1979, married in September 1980.

Separated in 2000, but worked it out.

While neither of us wish to lose the other in death, as Bible-believing Christians we are certain that death won't part us forever, that we'll eventually see each other again.
:ya

My parents only made it to 20 years before divorce. :(

Back
Top Bottom