Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
Candled - it was dark enough to get a sense of things, not dark enough to see movement. Eliminated five other eggs - all clearly formed embryos that stopped formation at about the size of half my thumb, leaving a lot of pale liquid filling the shells. Theree others, left in the incubator, fill the egg fully, but for the air sack. Going to give them a few more days.

Likely to set another batch of ducks, now that I can gather eggs that have low likelihood of having sat overnight at near freezing temps.

Busy turning one of the raised beds and adding seeds - a climbing pea and a pair of artichokes. Then finish adding a box for one of the rabbits due to kit next week. Then then then...

but breakfast first.

17088727192983168426931236590985.jpg

43! Great! 28 is way above average (7-8 years is average?!?!? sayeth google).

Hubby and I will celebrate 35 years in a few months.

I did read this sobering thought many years ago: All marriages end unhappily. Neither death nor divorce are considered happy events by most people.
We didn’t celebrate, but we had 32 year anniversary in January, I must admit, after 3 years of home office I‘m not excited about living in an rv either, not that we were even thinking about it, when I mentioned it to hubby, he just said ; „how would you get up those steps with your wonky hips?“
And, one husband is enough, I don’t think I would get married again 🤔 my parents were married for 35 years, death did do them apart, and my parents-in-law are still married ( around 61 years)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom