Strange duck voice

Ducktown

Songster
May 8, 2017

My duck is making unusual sounds. Beside regular quacking, she started doing this squeeking quack and loud high pitched yell.
She sometimes makes strange coughing sounds even though she is healthy. Anyone knows what that could be? Could she be imitating dog barking or some other sound? She's in contact with dogs a lot so I guess it's an option.
Ps, she is over a year old runner and she didn't sound like that before. She hardly quacks now. It might have happened when I introduced a drake.

Sorry I have no idea. She sounds like a juvenile drakeling! Very strange indeed. She's very cute. :love

It looks like she is having trouble breathing too, so my guess is that she has a respiratory infection or something stuck in her trachea.

Is a vet an option?

It looks like she is having trouble breathing too, so my guess is that she has a respiratory infection or something stuck in her trachea.

Is a vet an option?
She was hunting for slugs. The other reason is, we are in the middle of a heat wave with temperature around 35C. I'll keep an eye on her.

I was going to ask if she was just eating when she does this?
It seems like she regularly sound this way now. Sometimes she quacks, but not often. She always had a bit different quacking, but this is not even quacking anymore. :)
The duck is very tame, I incubated the egg and she was always attached to me and the dogs as well as other ducks. I'll make a couple more videos, hopefully it gets a bit cooler. :)

Here she is. She was again a bit annoyed by my constant filming, so she quacked and left. :D
It wasn't as hot at the time. It was after their bathing, she was still drying her wings - that's why she moves them repeatedly.

Of all my ducks, this one eats a lot of grass. Sometimes she doesn't feel like eating feed and takes only a few bites and then eats grass instead. I tease her, she's vegan. :D

Back
Top Bottom