Stress: how do you react? How do you deal?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MuranoFarms, Oct 12, 2010.

1. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Everyone reacts to stress differently. Everyone deals with stress differently. I'm curious, what do you do?

When I'm stressed I lose my appetite completely! I usually can't sleep well either, but that only lasts a few days.

I usually deal with stress by praying a lot. also, if I vent about things it makes me feel a bit better.

Your turn!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I read..

3. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Depends on the situation.

Reading my Bible, sitting on the back porch with the dog, or watching the chickens are my typical ways of dealing with it. Taking a walk, too.

4. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    First of all... when I am stressed or worried.. I, er... well... kinda spend a significant amount of time in the bathroom. No problem eating... but everything goes straight through.

Sleeping... no problem there as that is where my mind escapes and I hate to wake up.

How do I deal? I cry and want my mom around... no seriously... I want my mommy... (and I'm 43 years old). She is very calming for me, even if she can't fix the problem... I deal better with her around.

Diana

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I read my bible and pray. I analyze what I am so stressed out about...then, I get dressed up, and I go for a drive in the country blaring my music and singing at the top of my lungs with the windows rolled down. Often, much to the dismay of many local cows who only pretend to dislike my serenade. Then I laugh at the expression on the cows long faces, and I feel better. I'm a kook...so what of it? [​IMG]

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Bourbon..
    Xanax...
    Fishing....
    Drifting....
    Not at the same time of course.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I get outdoors and become physically active. I define, confront and try to change those stressors that I can control. The rest I turn over to my Higher Power.

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i dont eat much during stress. thats awful i know. when everythings going good...i get back to eating. [​IMG]

9. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I bite my fingers to the bone...well at least until they bleed. I also over eat and shop online too much when stressed. If none of that works I sleep. [​IMG]

10. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    First my face gets just like a fist, then my eyes look like to rain clouds looking for trouble, then I have bad weather inside my body!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by