Stress: how do you react? How do you deal?

Usually something outside like mowing or weedeating, or fishing. It also helps that I am on two different meds
gig.gif

when I am stressed I tell everyone to stop talking to me for an hour or so, so I can take a breather and let go. but with DH out of town, I have had to find other ways to deal with my stress. I talk to a good friend, or I come on here actually and immerse myself in the forum. If my kids are the reason behind my stress I talk to them and tell them , mommy is kind of cranky you think you can go play in the playroom nicely and then we can do something together. It always works. BTW the playroom is super safe nothing they can hurt themselves with. the biggest threat in there is my 2 yr. olds temper which my 7 yr old daughter finds funny, lol....Once the kids are in bed, I destress with a hot tea, or bath or both, a good show or just sit on the porch and star gaze. my stress only really amounts after school and on weekends and only if I didn't plan on anything to keep them busy with.

If its bills, well I just don't breath right until I have finalized a budget to take care of it. If its extended family, and this may sound rude, I just mumble under my breath and then ignore/avoid it completely.

I use a various methods and approaches depending on the situation and my walk in life. Lately I've been searching for understanding and comfort from God's Word.

Sometimes, though, I eat comfort foods, talk to my mom, read good books, spend a day in my nightgown, vent to a friend, eat more comfort foods, and finally....finally I just turn it over to God and it goes away.

Splitting firewood works well for me. Sometimes just getting away for a couple hours works, I have been known to pop in on my son out of the blue. I love him to death and he just makes me feel better...... well when I don't have the urge to choke the life out of him for being 23 and hard headed like me.
smile.png

Steve

Hang out on BYC and listen to other people's problems. Usually puts mine well into perspective!!!
big_smile.png

I read.

I meditate.

I can't sleep if I am really stressed, I can't eat, so I read some more and get back here!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom