Stumped on a silkie what a surprise

chickchickchiky

Songster
7 Years
Mar 15, 2012
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Well i hatched this baby a few months ago now and i still have no idea what it is LOL Now the black one i swore was a hen until recently it's a roo so i am praying the little blue is a girl can anyone help?

^ Roo

Fingers crossed it's a girl i don't see any signs of a comb and she was born Labor day

I really hope so i mean it took a while for the black one to show his true calling so to speak LOL
wink.png

the black is indeed a cockerel and you can tell that by his streamers and messed up crest (now this is not always the case with the messed up crest) as for the blue it looks to be 100% pullet as there are no streamers at all

The black had no streamers and i swore it was a hen till one day when i discovered the comb that looked like a nut haha and i wish i would have taken pics of him before i cut on his puff lol I had to cut it cause he could not see! and now it's a mess.

Our silkie that I was most worried about had quite a noticeable comb. We were already assuming boy until we saw her pop out an egg!

Thank you all so much! I am thrilled that i at least have one girl! I have had such a hard time hatching and raising some of these and i was praying i would get a hen so they can hatch their own!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom