Stupid Dog!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildriverswolf90

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
polk county, NC
So this afternoon I took my 10 buff orps and 3 cochins outside to play in the coop. The cochins are almost 3wks and the BOs are 4wks. Anyway the coop is very secure (or so I thought) I even bought hardware cloth and buried 9inchs. I was sitting outside with them when a stray dog rounded the corner, he saw my babies and went psycho he actually bit the wire and pulled it up! Had managed to grab the smaller chicks and get them in the carrier but before I could get them all he killed 3 of my lil buff orp babies
hit.gif
hit.gif
while trying to run with the 10 in the carrier he bit me!! Needless to say I will be cementing the wire in the ground. But I feel horrible I let my babies down
hit.gif
hit.gif

hugs.gif
I am SO sorry! You really should report that. I had a bad feeling when I clicked on it. I guess my gut was right!
hit.gif

oh no, that's awful, animal control, did he break the skin? I know you are prob only thinking of your chicks right now, but you need a rabies vaccine if you got bit from a stray dog, esp one that acted like that, rabies will kill you, and orphan the rest of your kids (chicks) Please go get the shots

What a terrible thing to happen. Definitely take care of your wounds!

Yes he broke the skin I have 19 stiches in my thigh and I did get shots. The thing is the dog is part of a feral dog pack that animal control is trying to catch so I told animal control they owe me for damages. Thank you all for your support it means SO much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom