Stupid Hawk!

I have a huge Wrought Iron White Bird with wings spread wide over the grape arbour that is over the duck house and run. Haven't had a hawk in the yard since we put that up.

Of course we also have crows around. When they aren't around and hawks are, there is this crazy lady that goes out in the yard and caws like a crow waving her arms all over the place. The neighbors say she looks a lot like me. I don't know what they are talking about. The dogs enjoy chasing the hawks off, too.

We have a lot of hawks fly over but no chicks or ducklings have been taken since the the Big White Bird moved into our yard. One did try to take my biggest Turken once though. Stupid hawk, that girl was much bigger then it was.

Good luck with your babies.

I was thinking about putting a big Canadian Goose decoy in my duck yard. I've heard they too will keep the flying predators at bay. You can get some with movement too. I know birds aren't the sharpest knives, but I would think they would get used to a statue after a while. Kind of like the crows that hang out on the scarecrow!

Back
Top Bottom