Stupid teflon question...

inksville

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Okay, I burnt some butter in a teflon pan in the kitchen which is right next to the back screen door. Of course my favorite chicken, who just got over some mystery illness, was standing there watching me. I ran outside with the smoking pan realized smoking teflon and birds don't mix, then ran back through the house to put it out the front door. Now i swear she is acting weird, but I might just be crazy. Does anyone know if that was enough smoking teflon to hurt her? I apologize for taking up space here, but i can't help but worry.

She probably will be fine. Smoke tends to rise, and unless the hen was roosting on something high, she shouldn't have gotten a whiff of the smoke.

thanks for being reassuring. She's been laying down here and there since it happened. at first she was in the garden rooting around with her beak. Now she's sitting by the compost. She's been standing at the back porch all day and now she's just sitting around. Weird.

What are the symptoms of teflon poisoning?

O, I think she's fine. I went out there with a handful of raisins and she perked right up.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom