divineangel94

Songster
Jul 17, 2019
So all of my hens have had impacted crop this week. They stay in a run but I have been giving them grass. My one hen shadow is the worse of them and I swear after ACV and oil even some Epsom salt in their water, after massaging it it goes down then its big again. They're not eating their regular corn but will eat corn and grass and bread with oil. I can't separate them and can't take Shadow to a vet. She is still acting normal and even laid an egg this afternoon after another massage. I have been waiting for her to poop so I can see if it's normal but she won't go in front of me? It's weird. Any suggestions to make sure she recovers?

I mean it has went down a bit since this morning and she's not as thirsty as she was this morning. She even scratched around and ran from the others like normal. I gave them all some applesauce and she loved it. I'm hoping these are good signs. But would love suggestions to make sure she'll be alright.

Added, she doesn't have sour crop. No smell coming from it and it's hard and round.

So all of my hens have had impacted crop this week. They stay in a run but I have been giving them grass. My one hen shadow is the worse of them and I swear after ACV and oil even some Epsom salt in their water, after massaging it it goes down then its big again. They're not eating their regular corn but will eat corn and grass and bread with oil. I can't separate them and can't take Shadow to a vet. She is still acting normal and even laid an egg this afternoon after another massage. I have been waiting for her to poop so I can see if it's normal but she won't go in front of me? It's weird. Any suggestions to make sure she recovers?

I mean it has went down a bit since this morning and she's not as thirsty as she was this morning. She even scratched around and ran from the others like normal. I gave them all some applesauce and she loved it. I'm hoping these are good signs. But would love suggestions to make sure she'll be alright.

Added, she doesn't have sour crop. No smell coming from it and it's hard and round.
Firstly, if you can massage a crop so that it even partially empties it's not impacted. It's a slow crop and there is a world of difference.

Next, don't feed chickens grass. Letting them onto grass where they tend to chop small lengths that are moist and tender is fine.

It reads like you are not feeding them a balanced diet. What exactly do you feed them?

Firstly, if you can massage a crop so that it even partially empties it's not impacted. It's a slow crop and there is a world of difference.

Next, don't feed chickens grass. Letting them onto grass where they tend to chop small lengths that are moist and tender is fine.

It reads like you are not feeding them a balanced diet. What exactly do you feed them?
Layer pellets mostly and I toss corn and grass in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom