Sumatra Thread!

It depends, it will be for a broody or a ill chicken, or a spare cockerel. And now that I've made one I could make another one easily and fast enough. How anyone else been building?

It's a shame I saw a add on donedeal for some rather nice looking Carlisle oeg, but they're about 5/6 hours away

It depends, it will be for a broody or a ill chicken, or a spare cockerel. And now that I've made one I could make another one easily and fast enough. How anyone else been building?

It's a shame I saw a add on donedeal for some rather nice looking Carlisle oeg, but they're about 5/6 hours away
I do think we will add some more coops with runs
this year. I'm planning on getting some nice blue
sumatras soon and want to set up some more breeding
pens. I set up my pens on a larger scale so the birds
have plenty of room as I usually do larger groupings.
Hope you have lots of luck with your birds this year.

and I am planning on a trip of 12 hours to get birds so
just a bit longer/farther than what you may do for the OEGs.
wink.png

Make sure you post pictures through out the making of your structure.

Do you guys remember my coop at first. here it is in stages,form the first two panels to the final product

You did a very good job Raph.

I still have some to redo, as the wire and post are starting to go, but they lasted a long time so I can't complain about it.

Last edited:
thanks, its good fun building coops. i want to try make some pheasant pens, my grandpas pheasant pens are 6ft tall at the front and i think about 5.6ft at the back.and they're 8ft long by 4ft wide, so they're a good sizable space for breeding birds, but i dont know how much they would cost to make.

thanks, its good fun building coops. i want to try make some pheasant pens, my grandpas pheasant pens are 6ft tall at the front and i think about 5.6ft at the back.and they're 8ft long by 4ft wide, so they're a good sizable space for breeding birds, but i dont know how much they would cost to make.

My smallest flight is 8ft high, 20ft long by 5ft wide making 100sq ft of floor space and it is too small for keeping pheasants in. I'll be expanding the pen 10ft wider so it'll be 300sq ft for a trio of pheasants. If the ceiling is too low the birds hit it if they fly up alarmed and injure themselves, sometimes even breaking their own neck so I would suggest a minimum hight of 8 feet, then you can keep doves as well if you decide to later.

-Stephen

Back
Top Bottom