Summer reading ideas or maybe a BYC book club.

More for my list. :) I'm.enjoying Every Now and Then. It reminds me more of Divine Sisters of the Ya Ya Sisterhood than Where the Crawdad's Sing. I'll let you guys know how I feel when I finish it.
That one was very good. Now starting The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah. Historical fiction about the dust bowl. That one is not an audiobook, so I might not finish as fast.

Wish I could have gotten it.....I don't do audio, can't stay focused, or ebooks.
I really like to read for myself, but I can get more done if I listen while i work. I'm starting The Death of Santini since I can listen to that one. I tagged it when we started talking about Conroy and I checked to see what I had missed. I'm going to start it and then go out and see if I really have 5 broody hens right now. I may have to start a thread about how in going to deal with that....

I really like to read for myself, but I can get more done if I listen while i work. I'm starting The Death of Santini since I can listen to that one. I tagged it when we started talking about Conroy and I checked to see what I had missed. I'm going to start it and then go out and see if I really have 5 broody hens right now. I may have to start a thread about how in going to deal with that....
I find all of sudden I'm thinking of something else and haven't paid attention for the last who know how many minutes.
I have a broody right now too...and a heat wave.
Just let her out of coop crate and will have to go check and see if she stays out of nest.

DH and I used to listen to books on tape when we'd drive to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. It was a great way to stay awake and try a book by a new author.

One that we really liked was Riverworld. I remember reading the subsequent books in the series, and be very disappointed. It's like the author started something and couldn't finish it. Or finish it well. Too much build up and then it fell flat.

Back
Top Bottom