Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
They want a pond! Not a clean bucket!

They want frogs and plant life... You need to do landscaping... Grab a shovel!

Wish we were neighbors, digging ponds has become my specialty.
I did this!! Dug out a beautiful big old pond for them, almost broke my back doing it-
But it's such a nightmare to keep clean so I scrapped it and got them a kiddie pool, they love it just as much so I'm glad to know my efforts were wasted 😂

Someday I do want to give them a proper pond though, if I can find a high power filter for it!
Deep enough for diving!

This summer they'll have a kiddie pool for splashing, and a smaller tub of water with perhaps some plants in, like duck weed, which I'm sure will be yummy!
I can also toss in dried calci worms etc. A bit of enrichment!

Dawwwwwwwww
CF646CCC-66CD-497E-942E-7C60855FA15F.jpeg

Too cute.
I need ducklings

the jungle book hypnosis GIF
You do!!

These eggs were under a chicken hen until this morning, both were pipped so I brought them inside. One hatched, one to go. Momma hen already hatched 2 chicks, one more egg to go for her. So I’m sure she won’t even miss the duck eggs. Lol

You do!!

These eggs were under a chicken hen until this morning, both were pipped so I brought them inside. One hatched, one to go. Momma hen already hatched 2 chicks, one more egg to go for her. So I’m sure she won’t even miss the duck eggs. Lol
I think if Dougie ever wants to be a mama, I shall keep a couple, perhaps 3 or so eggs for myself to hatch, can't resist having a couple to raise like last time :jumpy

I did this!! Dug out a beautiful big old pond for them, almost broke my back doing it-
But it's such a nightmare to keep clean !
I put a pump into it, use the water to spray whatever deserve watering, and let the water refill it naturally. (Gravity)

The trick is to dig it where there is a water source like a stream or deviate the flow of water from a creek. (Or similar)

Back
Top Bottom