Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
During candling yes!
But while on lockdown she'd chirp at me. I'd talk to her, she'd chirp back. Great conversations
I was mid song when she pipped, seeing her break the shell was extraordinary... and I got to help her out the egg too, she got a little stuck
Oh! I didn't hear the babies but I kept telling my spouse that I thought the hen could hear the ducklings in the eggs, she looked like she was chatting with them. (He didn't tell me I am nuts... But I did wonder about my sanity)

Oh! I didn't hear the babies but I kept telling my spouse that I thought the hen could hear the ducklings in the eggs, she looked like she was chatting with them. (He didn't tell me I am nuts... But I did wonder about my sanity)
I've heard this is true though! This is why babies feel motivated by chirping sounds or talking
Certainly helped Dougie through!

I'm getting there..... I  will be respected...
if Sprightly doesnt get her fluff butt into bed when I tell her to
I get down to her level, I look her dead in the eyes, I raise my hand, and begin counting from five.
I kid you not. She laughs and runs about, then she stops and thinks about it... then when I get to two, she runs into bed!
She tests me, for sure. But what can I say, it works!
She just knows once I hit zero I'm going to herd her in, and she knows she wants to go in by herself for the sake of her dignity.
count down GIF by Night Drive

run upstairs family guy GIF

Agreed! Because I think also when ducks are hatching together they hear each other and want to see everyone
Yup!
My girls missed out on this. Sprightly hatched 4 days after Dougie, and when I put her in the brooder... Dougie's face...
Sprightly was so happy. She wanted to follow her! Dougie ran as fast as she could, due to the strange little alien following her.
They were cuddling by the next day!
Excited School GIF

"SIBLING?"
Perfect Loops Chasing GIF

Yup!
My girls missed out on this. Sprightly hatched 4 days after Dougie, and when I put her in the brooder... Dougie's face...
Sprightly was so happy. She wanted to follow her! Dougie ran as fast as she could, due to the strange little alien following her.
They were cuddling by the next day!
Excited School GIF

"SIBLING?"
Perfect Loops Chasing GIF

That's so cute😭

Back
Top Bottom