Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

I am really thinking ducks can hear beyond well
I have been noticing when I go from main level to my basement and shut the door by the time I get down there my drake that always has to run to see me is running from the far side of the yard to the basement patio door
That little turd knows where I am at all times
I can’t even do laundry anymore without him finding me 😂
Although it does warm my heart he loves me so much. Or maybe he is just demanding treats
Thats sweet!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was asking as Tsunami has 2 black spots on his back.

According to the Golden Retriever Club of America's standard for the Golden retriever, any markings other than the solid color, with the exception of white hair on older dogs and very few white hairs on the chest, is a serious fault. Extremely light or dark coloring (in ither words white ir black spots) anywhere on the body are a serious fault

It’s normal
They are excited to see you
I love when all 5 of my boys do it at the same time.
AAWWW! I was hoping it was something like this! It does seem like a grand gesture- my daughter's and I do it back to them.... we must be a sight to our neighbors.
My cayuga male Honey does this especially, and he is so beautiful with his green and peacock colors shimmering!
Ducks are such fun.

AAWWW! I was hoping it was something like this! It does seem like a grand gesture- my daughter's and I do it back to them.... we must be a sight to our neighbors.
My cayuga male Honey does this especially, and he is so beautiful with his green and peacock colors shimmering!
Ducks are such fun.
I do bob my head back when my ducks do it to me
I talk to them a lot too
I also think my neighbours must think I’m crazy
Yesterday was really cold here -22 c in the morning
My ducks like to follow me back to the house when I let them out in the mornings and when it’s that cold they struggle
So yesterday my drake started ti follow me and I turned around and said no
You go home
He put his head down and turned around and went back
They really do understand me but people that don’t own ducks would never know how smart they actually are
So we look crazy talking and gesturing to them

I do bob my head back when my ducks do it to me
I talk to them a lot too
I also think my neighbours must think I’m crazy
Yesterday was really cold here -22 c in the morning
My ducks like to follow me back to the house when I let them out in the mornings and when it’s that cold they struggle
So yesterday my drake started ti follow me and I turned around and said no
You go home
He put his head down and turned around and went back
They really do understand me but people that don’t own ducks would never know how smart they actually are
So we look crazy talking and gesturing to them
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who bobs my head and talks to them
When they were house ducks, I was carrying Sprightly to the bath tub, passed my mums room, didn't know she was in there.
I was just chatting away about her going in the bath, then I might get her a treat before bed. What treat would you like? I'll go get Dougie in a second.
And my mum just pokes her head out from the door and gives me this look like "are you talking to the duck?"
I was truly shocked at her behaviour, butting in on a private conversation like that. The audacity!

We've got three external pips! :celebrate
When I talked to him initially he said he hadn't noticed any pipping so he was prepared to make safety holes since that air runs out in about 24 hours after internal pip. But then he found some external pipping when he opened up the incubator so I told him to leave it alone for now. No pictures but he's busy today. Hopefully he'll take pity on me and send some later :lau

Back
Top Bottom