Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

A day ago Bee left one of her eggs out again probably all night as it was cold and covered in dew when I found it at sunrise.
After warming it up I could see movement so it was alive, but I was skeptical of it’s survival. I checked it tonight, no movement and the insides are far more liquid and “jiggly” than before.

On top of that bad news the idiot looks like she put a fine crack into the other developing egg. 😔
I think I would take that egg with a fine crack in it and seal it with wax and put it in my incubator since Bee evidently does not want to be a Momma Duck.

I must have had my humidity too high for my Mule duck as when it hatched it was full of goo. I was able to wash it gently under warm water and get it all off and then put it in the brooder under the light to dry and it is a huge duck now a year old. They tell you not to wash them but I didn't have any choice as the goo covered it terribly. Good luck with this precious one.
You are most welcome too, sorry I forgot to tell you that.

It's the ducks that are the abusive ones, lol.
I'll always remember dear old dad explaining the 727 on the front page of the newspaper. The journalist claimed that it was a 'picture of the plane with the missing engine'.
No, it had only two engines in the picture, not the requisite three. :yesss:

I have abuse to report!!!
I was puzzled at how the pool had gotten so mucky already! The ducks had hardly gone in it!
But I emptied it, rinsed it out and refilled it. Then I sat back, happy with my work, expecting to be appreciated by the girls. I waited to watch them have a swim.

A swim? Oh no, I must have been confused. Why would a duck swim in a clean pool? No, no.
Dougie walks to a mucky area, grabs a massive clump of dirty bedding, runs to the pool... and dumps it in.
I stand there in shock as she repeatedly dumps mouthfuls of dirt in the water. Without getting in. Just over the side. Satisfied with her work, she waddled, chatting to herself happily, back into the coop to sit back on her nest.

WHY Dougie?!!!!!
Hate My Life I Give Up GIF

Those pinches sure do hurt. And you are not suppose to hurt the one you love.
They sure do!
I forgive her though. She rarely does it, only when super upset about taking calcium.
She's usually a very good girl, so I don't mind. Usually if I stop, and give her a minute to calm down, with or without strokes, she goes back to behaving

Back
Top Bottom