Supposed to be a buff, but...

The patterns on the feathers are definitely very similar! I wouldn’t mind an Easter Egger! How are they personality-wise?
They're great! I love my girls. I have my favorites though. They all seem to be grey. Someone suggested they were the Americaunas crossed with Dorkings? Hard to say. Dorkings are not big eggs layers, so I would find that hard to believe. Anyhow. It might just be that I favor my gray ones so they happen to be the friendliest ones. Callie, my favorite hen, is like a dog. She follows me around, comes when called, and gets jealous if i pay too much attention to someone else! She will let anyone pick her up. I can carry her around and do nearly anything with her in my arms without her getting spooked or nervous. All my Easter Eggers are curious. The are friendly and all but the one been is approachable. They will all eat out of your hand. Many will even let you pick them up. Some of them follow me around until I pick them up and hold them/pet them. They are pretty smart and can be trained. My girls all come when I make a certain call. Make sure you get them from an reliable place. The pullets I just got are not true Easter Eggers. While they are pretty and i'm sure i'll keep them, they are not even close to being true Easter Eggers. I am severely disappointed and should have just waited and purchased them through the same hatchery I did the year before last when I got my original girls.

76F9C1AD-D89E-48B9-B9CC-ADF8CF4DEE0A.jpeg
I ordered pairs of 8 breeds with 2 breeds being Whitings (no telling which ones they are) from McMurray’s, and then they threw in a freebie. This one is a one-of-a-kind. One of the Whitings? The freebie? It does look a lot like yours!

They're great! I love my girls. I have my favorites though. They all seem to be grey. Someone suggested they were the Americaunas crossed with Dorkings? Hard to say. Dorkings are not big eggs layers, so I would find that hard to believe. Anyhow. It might just be that I favor my gray ones so they happen to be the friendliest ones. Callie, my favorite hen, is like a dog. She follows me around, comes when called, and gets jealous if i pay too much attention to someone else! She will let anyone pick her up. I can carry her around and do nearly anything with her in my arms without her getting spooked or nervous. All my Easter Eggers are curious. The are friendly and all but the one been is approachable. They will all eat out of your hand. Many will even let you pick them up. Some of them follow me around until I pick them up and hold them/pet them. They are pretty smart and can be trained. My girls all come when I make a certain call. Make sure you get them from an reliable place. The pullets I just got are not true Easter Eggers. While they are pretty and i'm sure i'll keep them, they are not even close to being true Easter Eggers. I am severely disappointed and should have just waited and purchased them through the same hatchery I did the year before last when I got my original girls.
I love when they are super friendly! Makes it extra fun interacting. My silkie is that way now.

I’m pretty darn sure she’s a RIR. And it’s quite possible that she’s not a she after all. Time will tell. That’d be a possible two out of three in the rooster department. *sigh*

I love when they are super friendly! Makes it extra fun interacting. My silkie is that way now.

I’m pretty darn sure she’s a RIR. And it’s quite possible that she’s not a she after all. Time will tell. That’d be a possible two out of three in the rooster department. *sigh*
A lot of the times Roosters tend to be the friendliest and most outgoing as chicks before they realize they are supposed to be roosters. Lol. They'll stay sweet if you continue to handle them. They usually go through a scaredy- cat phase just like as the others.

Back
Top Bottom