Surgery a few days ago, was doing great, now lethargic

I am glad Maybelle is doing well and eating! The beak looks okay in time it will heal and she will be back to her usual adorable self.

Keep doing what you are doing for her- as it is working. You are a wonderful person for taking such good care of her!

How is she getting on now? Still eating?
Shes eating but not much. I'm still tube feeding twice a day out of concern for her getting enough nutrients. Last night she did eat the biggest mela I've seen her have on her own so hoping it's just a need for time.
Her whole flock hasn't been accepting so built her an area of her own within the run to try to get them all used to each other again. Hoping it works.
She seems very happy and perky. Hoping we can still have a full recovery and acceptance!

I've reintroduced a hen 1st with either a large cage or wire divider wall in coop for 1 week. Then add the 1 hen that'll be nice with her to create a buddy bond, add next nicest hen, so 2 hen buddies together for a week, then 3 hen buddies for a week. Usually, I can remove the cage or dividing wall week 3 & let them all be together again. Only with 1 hen did I have to move her completely to another section with a group of older, gentle souls. ❤️

What if I dont have room for more than 2 hens? Can I swap them out instead?
She has one who has been joining her. They are just so sweet together. The best of buds.
I'm wondering if, like people, her appetite is just low due to eating small amounts for so long now. Her beak seems to no longer be bothering her although it looks very dry now. PXL_20221024_205206761.jpg

She has one who has been joining her. They are just so sweet together. The best of buds.
I'm wondering if, like people, her appetite is just low due to eating small amounts for so long now. Her beak seems to no longer be bothering her although it looks very dry now.View attachment 3303202
Awwww! She looks great!

Try keeping the buddy hen method @mrskenmore suggests with just the two birds and see what happens?

I'm wondering if, like people, her appetite is just low due to eating small amounts for so long now. Her beak seems to no longer be bothering her although it looks very dry now.View attachment 3303202
So sweet ❤️
I'd just keep her with her best friend then.

Back
Top Bottom