Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Very Pretty eggs...

2. Wow!! Those are some nice big eggs for this time of year!! Good for them.

3. Oh hell!! I would have loved to see a video of that!! In person even more so! I would have died laughing!

4. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    He was here and gone so fast i didn't even get to the door haha
    Our flock loves people and likes to follow you around the yard from a polite distance. It can be intimidating when they all are running at you with that funny and awkward winds flapping run they do lol

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Funny kloppers. That ups guy gets to see all sorts of intimidating critters I'm sure. Lol. It rained all day here today... So not a very nice day other than the 4o+ temps.

Thanks for the egg love coffee and BR. I never take for granted winter eggs. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  6. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    our UPS guy carries dog treats in his pocket, yours should carry boss, lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Who is planning to add birds to their flock in 2016? Why are you going to do so, and is there a particular breed or breeds that you have decided upon?
    How many on this thread have bantams as opposed to large fowl? How many have both?
    I am just curious as to how others are doing things. There are no right or wrong answers.

8. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    I am not planning to add more birds this year, unless something happens to the ones I have. I figure I'll go with what I have until I'm down to 2 or 3 birds, then add 3 more. When I add more it will be EEs, buckeyes, Chantecluer maybe. Nothing with a big comb. But I do like the BA. I only have large Fowl right now, but you've given me something to think about. I could house more bantam, comfortably... ;)

9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    We are starting a broiler breeding expire menu so we likely will keep some of the F1 generation. We could use another rooster or two as well to help with the laying flock.

Other than that? If I get a broody in the spring i probably will let her try. I would love to have some 'home made' chicks ;)
    I am also considering adding a few more white egg layers. We have customers that prefer white eggs... Go figure! Our leghorns are almost out of production. On a good day this summer we would get 2-3 from 5 hens.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    ooohh, I'd love to let a broody have chick's. When the time is right, I may have to get some hatching eggs. I'm still kicking around the idea of a rooster [​IMG] :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by