Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I think what you are seeing is not a good camera, (but it could be) it is a good eye for a picture out of a larger picture and excellent photoshopping skills. The giveaway is the green grass.

BUT that does not take away from his artistic skill, I think it adds too it. I love his pictures...

So which one of his right Kiddo?

2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Crowing

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Agreed. Probably a good camera, but...
    A good camera makes not a photographer :)

3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Crowing

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Btw I did buy a 'nicer' consumer grade camera for DW for Christmas so in the coming weeks I hope to have some nice chicken photos to share :)
    I picked one with lots of optical zoom for that exact reason haha taking iPhone chicken photos usually entails lots of chasing and cussing trying to get close enough

1 person likes this.
  4. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Crowing

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    My iphone was taking great pictures. But I think a miniscule of moisture from this summer's swim up at the boundary waters has finally fogged the inside of my lens a bit. shoot. May. I get a new phone in May. But those photos have a nice depth and layering to them. That's gotta be a higher end camera taking those photos.

I'm in the market for one of those cameras....just need to put the ching together.

5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Crowing

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    It could be dust in there. Mine was super dirty inside and I sent it to apple for cleaning (under warranty) turns out there as an issue with the screen glass too so they ended up replacing the whole unit.

I now have the new phone in a water and dust proof case (life proof brand) to help keep dust out of it. I keep the thing in my pocket when I go to my woodshop and do chores so I think the case is a good investment

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I have a USE TO BE EXPENSIVE camera but it is OLD and only 5meg if I recall and now my Iphone seems to take nearly as good pictures as it does.

BUT I have the use to be newest bestest Iphone, it is a 6plus. I wish I had an 6s now, but oh well. I am not going to fall for the trap and always need the best. Until I marry rich and dump my poor wife, who I will keep around as a maid.

My eye is not good enough to pick out stuff like layering, I guess.

We are still in St Louis. Hoping to get to Cedar Rapids today, I forgot how slow traveling with toddlers is.

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Crowing

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    LOL. Well Holm will correct me if I'm wrong. That I know. If it's a phone it should be my new phone in May then. LOL. Wow those are good pics.

I should think about the camera though too. Kids in sports and such. It would be nice to have that before they're grown and gone.

DH had a beautiful Minolta 35mm. But I used it so much and then it sort of locked up and didn't work any more. I then went to a Digital Sony which I still have. It works beautifully but is 9 years old now and doesn't have that feeling of depth to the pics any more.

I saw Canon Rebels for $499. Not toooooo bad for what they are and what you get.

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

When I have the New Mrs. firmly locked down and obeying my every whim, we will go camera shopping and money will be no object.

My DIL has really nice cameras but she does it as a profession, kind of. I think my son got her a 6k camera for Xmas last year, and that was a used camera. The DIL was so afraid of losing or damaging it she brought an old camera on this trip...

I am not sure I would ever want a camera I was afraid to use for fear of losing it.

9. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Crowing

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Well that's the pickle of it too. The fun things in life you need a good easy to carry camera that you don't care about. But then the shots just aren't the same as a big nice camera would get. Oh I would be a nut can trying to take care of a $6,000 camera. Holy crap.

10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Crowing

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    It almost seems sort of Dusty in there. Very well could be Kloppers. I saw the man open up those phones when I took DH and the kids' to Verizon. I don't know if I have the tool to open them up. Shoot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by