Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    oh, that stinks! bet he would have loved that! [​IMG]

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    People are insensitive so much these days. Even if she wasn't loved by you or a pet, didn't he recognize that there's an investment of time and money there going down the toilet? People are idiots.

Reminds me of my husbands 40th birthday party. I had spent the week prepping our new yard land scaping. I put in borders along the house and rock retaining walls with landscape fabric and edging and those little rocks. Well this particular family with rambunctious kids had thrown out a bunch of rocks were shoving rocks down a slope then pulling up the fabric. While. The. Mother. Walked. By. And. Didn't. Say. One. Dam. Thing. To reprimand them. I watched her walk by her kids then I hollered at them and asked them if they knew how long it took me to do that?! They stopped looked dumbfounded at me. And their mother had the cajones to look PO ed at me for hollering at her kids. A coule years later DH wanted to have a party in the shed. I said no and he got mad at me. I said fine have the party but your fixing the land scape after the animals leave. He then decided not to have one. I hate lazy insensitive parents.

2 people like this.
  4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I am now in St Louis finishing this. Incase the post seems incontinent, I would like it known I did have a "bump" or two.

We are in the Union Station hotel. another cool place. Took grandkids to see polar express show. They seemed to like it.

Now back to spring hatching plans EJB asked about the other day.
    In addition to the above, I will be doing turkeys. I will be doing my Blue and self blue slates in one pen. I will be doing the blue red bronze with someone I am not sure who, or I forgot, I need to go to Porters caculator and see what I will get.

JJ will get the lions share of the hens, as he has the best genitics to get as many colors as I can. I would like to get a royal Palm and Nagrasett (sp and drinking) hens too,,, HOLM wanna trade anything?

I hope I am not repeating myself. I forget whether it was the post I lost or this one I mentioned all this stuff in. ( I do not see it here).

I am sorta like EJB but not quite. I have to charge once in a while to craigslist people, to keep them honest and to fool Judy into thinking I will not just spend money on birds. I perfer trading or future trades. Never know what I might get. Which brings me back to chickens, I have or had when I left a creamer I am willing to let go for a future draft choice......or whatever other reason you might have for wanting him..

1 person likes this.
  5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Sounds like you had a family of belly button fish heads over...*

Notice how being with the kids as stopped me from swearing as much? I am so impressed with my behavior!

1 person likes this.
  6. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Very good Ralphie. Lol.

Those kids are pretty good now. The mom and dad got divorced needless to say. The mom still a belly button. Kids probably 30% belly buttons.

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Those sound like great plans. I am also intrigued by the Chantecler breed but not sure if i will get any soon. they are hard to come by!

I am still working on getting some turkeys approved by DW for next year. I am trying a new technique. I have been heckling her about wanting to get sheep. she keeps saying no. Eventually i will pull back and say "Fine, no sheep just turkeys then" and she will say sure. i am sure it will work!

1 person likes this.
  8. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    My friend up the road has a family hog operation. The truckload of piglets may lose 2 or 3 on the road and they just happen to show up at my place too :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    beautiful pics,,,beautiful birds...

10. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop

Holm what kind of camera do you have? These are not the first excellent photos I've seen from you.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by