Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I may see her first, but the chances are higher that she is speaking to you....

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Mine came from a lady named Linda who sold trees out of her yard south of Rogers a few years ago, not sure she is still selling, but... I've seen a few different pear trees for sale up at Green valley garden center in ramsey looks like they carry 5 kinds [​IMG] that is where i'm planning on buying a fruit bearing pear or 2, as mine is only a pollinator.
    great photos of the turkeys ralphie!

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

The problem is having never been wrong, I have no experience to draw upon to "fake it".

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    It is cold, I am drinking coffee and wasting time, and no one is posting!! Shame on you all...Post. post. post!

6. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    It said 2 degrees when I went out this morning, now 7. Chilly. Chickens aren't used to it, they didn't like it either. What can you do? Drink coffee ;)

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    You must be in a cold area, here in the banana belt known as Orrock twp it is a balmy 8 degrees right now.

8. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Guess who wrote this weeks Duck breed focus!! Me!! Now you all need to go look!!

2 people like this.
  9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Good job, your becoming a writing machine on these essays....

Here is what I wrote about Ducks.

Ducks Vacuum. The best duck has it's head 4 feet from it's body.

The end,,,,

I just had breakfast, After traveling I forgot how orange and bright home grown fresh eggs are! I just made a little fried sausage ( from the pig I bought) cracked a couple eggs over it, mixed in some cheese, and it was way better than the fancy colorless omelets I had on vacation.....We are so lucky to have our own eggs.

2 people like this.
  10. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    It is a toasty 17 down here. I just fired the stove in my shop for this afternoon. better to bum around out there than sit in here!

We just took the pups for a nice walk and there was ice in the bottom of this field, steaming in the sun! the photo doesnt really catch the steam but it is pretty anyway
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by