Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    File this under pictures I will never show Judy...

But dang it sure is cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    EJB I think she is straight short horn

3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Well I think we need an Ed photo Barage Ralphie! He sounds marvelous. Love those well rounded roos. I have a super boy as well. He's hatchery NH...but he is so good with the girls and with us, and gallant with his food finds. Although I've noted he will now not share his cracker when he comes to the house to get one. Becoming a junk food junkie I guess.

Today I took down scratch and boss. Pork chop fat pieces and potato skins from last night's dinner and some kale to get them their greens fix since their greens are currently covered with the White stuff. It was a good spoiling day. My BA is so wildly driven by BOSS...I should really try to train her. She is like a hound dog at a butcher shop window when I come with that bucket. I mean she is down right lucky I haven't stepped on her yet. She circles around me and walks right at my heels...literally just centimeters from my feet. The last time she was out on my little path there was some patchy snow around and all I could think of was Black Australorp pancake if I slipped and fell on top of her....that's how close she was following.

Ahhh...such good chickens.

Love the Turkey's roosted on the rail. Better get your poop scraper out before Judy gets home.

4. Love those Turkeys Raulphie. They look great on that new deck of yours like always.

5. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Holm, I am quite enthused about Shorthorns, although I am not a fan of the roan coloration. I prefer white and red 2nd.
    They produce quality beef.

6. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Funny. We are opposites. I dont like white cattle. Especially charlois. They have more bone size which docks prices and less meat. But they do fatten up nice.

7. So holm. What is a round about price for a cow ready for butcher? Like a Black Angus? Do you know?

8. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

Depends on market price and if it is grass fed or not. Probably around 2000-2500 dollars this past year.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  9. OK. That is what a friend told me. So that is before it is butchered. Right?

10. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Yeah. Most people like to sell when they are on the hoof. But some people like to have ot butchered and then sell.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by