Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    When we bought this house last spring it was with the intention of finishing the basement and then selling it. We already had birds at our place in Ramsey so I modified the shed at the new place into a coop. Now our garage is to full of mowers blowers and weed whips, I could really use that space in the shed. and with the baby due in April and a new pointer puppy coming this spring, we decided to just do away with chickens until we have more space. So this spring I'll be finishing that basement and adding a new paver patio and retaining wall in the backyard, and possibly a deck. So if all that goes as planned we can pull a good chunk of equity out of this place, buy the 75 acre farm I've had my eye on, get my new chickens and live happily ever after.

P.s. Did I mention we're having another girl?

1 person likes this.
  2. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    My parents bought a place to remodel and sell. Then they had me and we stayed here!!

3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    No you didn't mention Cyrus-- congratulations! This baby is # ...3? My dad had 3 girls... Poor guy. Lol. But then he got hit with a flurry of grandsons later.

Sounds like you have a plan and it's always good to have a plan...

A pointer eh? For duckhunting?! Sorry if I sound prejudiced in this matter, but a Labrador is what you need. Lol.

4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

5. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Soooo, I asked DH why people always talk about marriage being so difficult, I said "Marriage is easy." He said "That's because you have me and I'm wonderful. But you should see the difficulty I have to put up with!" [​IMG]

Sounds like someone on here [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    We're actually getting a wirehaired pointing griffon. They take to water like a duck. :)

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I think I've seen these dogs before. I've heard they are good. Petted a couple in passing, and owners proud as punch of them. Not very common but I had a good impression. Cute dogs too...oh wow.

8. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Wow lots going on!

Cyrus-sounds like you and DW have a plan. Hope things go well for you! Congrats on having another girl! Daughters are so much fun aren't they!!

Ralphie & EJB those hens are gorgeous!! I am in love!! Put me on your chick list too. What beauties!!

Um I forgot everything else I was going to say. Hate it when that happens. I blame it on trying out the toppings for Ralph's eggs. ;)

Not much more for action in the calf department round these parts. I hope they either have them soon in these somewhat nicer temps or hold them tight until those awful cold temps coming this weekend pass! A baby at -20 doesn't sound like a good idea to me!

9. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    The litter has not been conceived yet, but if all goes as planned we should be getting a puppy about the same time as a baby. [​IMG]

10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I think I found my soul mate!!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by